Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
- Ensure consistent shipping/warehouse/transportation process is documented and implemented at GAF sites i.e. truck loading, rail loading, warehouse improvement process, inventory management, etc.
- Provide training and materials, implementing best practices, facilitating change, and assuming ownership of the business process across the Shipping/warehouse function.
- Provide a safe work environment, training and materials as needed.
- Direct the team in meeting or exceeding transportation lane compliance, through proper management of ship and lane caps and the optimized use of low cost carriers and GAF truck fleet, where applicable.
- Manage team in meeting or exceeding site safety goals, service metrics, warehouse/ shipping budget compliance, truck and rail weights targets, and service reliability.
- Ensure proper inventory levels of raw materials are maintained to meet customer demand and production efficiency goals while minimizing inventory carrying costs. Ensure production schedules are efficient and communicated appropriately. Administer the Receiving function.
- Champion the Warehouse Improvement Process (WIP), ensuring that logistics staff follows the process, minimizing labor cost, reporting weekly metrics, conducting self-audits, and meeting WIP goals (pallets handled/hour, labor cost per pallet handled, and GAF private fleet income). Identify process failures that lead to missed goals and develop and communicate continuous improvement plans to achieve WIP goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES:
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
- Facilitate Change
- Business Acumen
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Stress Tolerance
- Developing Others
- Managing Conflict
- Decision Making
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems ( PS or SAP)
- Acquaintance with Warehouse Management Systems ( WMS -RF),
- Adept at working with Inventory Management Systems and processes , such as FIFO, LIFO, WIP, Physical counts, Cycle counts and process controls
- Working knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and software, such as web-based Carrier Point ( load tendering, freight rates and carrier management, tracking and tracing systems)
- Familiar with standard Manufacturing concepts, practices & procedures
- Intermediate knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and software, such as web-based CarrierPoint or Red Prairie
- Intermediate knowledge of the Transportation Industry (Truck & Rail)
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Ability to manage budgets, for warehouse/shipping and private truck fleet operations
- Ability to execute projects within scope, schedule and budget
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced analytical and delegation skills
- Proven leadership skills in successful managing
- Ability to influence, direct, and guide cross functional teams
- Advanced organization and scheduling skills
- Intermediate negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to read and concentrate via computer data entry typing and proofreading
- Must be able to climb ladders and/or stairs and walk on open grating on elevated surfaces
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone
- Required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must continuously have the ability to differentiate colors precisely
- Occasionally operate business machines
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- BA/BS Degree in Business and/or Logistics
- 5+ years related experience in a high volume manufacturing, distribution, production planning, and/or trucking environment
- APICS certification preferred
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
Apply on company website