Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for providing direction, coordination, and support for the daily execution of the maintenance crew's job plans. The Supervisor works with the Maintenance Coordinator, Hourly Planner, Storeroom Attendant, and Operations to drive department productivity, and quality of workmanship. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for safety, quality and equipment reliability through his direct leadership and coordination with the production department.
- Effectively manages the utilization of planned maintenance hours to maximize machine line efficiency and production volumes.
- Actively participate in the planning, coordination, and implementation of maintenance activities to ensure they are consistently successfully completed in the allotted timeframe while ensuring the work completed allows for excellent machine reliability
- Suggest ways to improve methods, procedures, and work practices. Address performance issues promptly and in a fair and consistent manner and provide effective and timely feedback using the performance evaluation process.
- Manage planned and unplanned maintenance work and job for both daily work and maintenance outages. Provides on-the-spot, on-the-job equipment-related expertise and technical guidance.
- Provide input and feedback to the maintenance planner and storeroom personnel to refine/finalize labor, parts, priorities and methods.
- Ensures safety, quality, timeliness, cost and thoroughness of work performed.
- Responds as first call-in contact for maintenance emergencies.
- Support department expense target goals by minimizing maintenance costs without negatively impacting operating results. Support efforts to minimize cost for major repair
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES:
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
• Facilitating Change
• Building Strategic Working Relationships
• Business Acumen
• Developing Others
• Stress Tolerance
• Decision Making
• Managing Conflict
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
• Advanced proficiency in use of Microsoft and Google applications and CMMS systems
• Advance proficiency using root cause analysis to troubleshoot and solve problems
• Intermediate proficiency in electrical distribution systems and instrumentation
• Intermediate proficiency in PLC programming, debugging, and troubleshooting
• Advanced proficiency in maintaining electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
• Intermediate proficiency using variable frequency drives and AC & DC drives
• Advance knowledge of rotating equipment, machine design, bearings, and lubrication
• Advance ability to read blueprints, schematics, shop drawings, and sketches
• Familiar with standard manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedure
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Basic presentation skills
• Advanced interpersonal skills
• Advanced conflict resolution skills
• Advanced organizational skills
• Advance problem-solving skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to prioritize
• Ability to manage and direct the work of others
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to climb ladders and/or stairs. Work on elevated open grating.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing.
• Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
• Occasionally operate business machines.
• Must have High School diploma or a GED equivalent
• Technical school training/diploma/certification/Engineering Degree preferred
• 5+ years practical experience as a mechanic or electronic technician in high volume manufacturing operation, preferably continuous process
Apply on company website