Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Process Engineer is responsible for the analysis, identification and resolution of continuous process issues and improvements on the production line. Perform detailed analyses to prevent potential problems with new equipment or raw materials, to identify potential savings opportunities, and to troubleshoot process issues as they arise. Lead discussions, projects, and people to full issue resolution.
- Lead the execution of Quality and Process Improvement projects and activities, using standard PI tools such as Qualpro, MVT/DOE, Kepner Tregoe PSDM. Plan and execute capital improvements resulting from these projects. Coordinate Plant Trials with R&D and plant personnel. Ensure trials are accurately conducted and reported.
- Assist in the development of process specifications, entering plant change notices (PCN's), and other in-plant processes. Conduct internal compliance audits of product testing.
- Provide production line support focusing on the materials, machines, and production employees. Train production personnel in Statistical Process Control. Help to improve efficiency in the line.
- Lead the process design review, raw material qualification, product and process qualification, and capability studies. Perform PPA/FMEA on all major process and raw material changes. Monitor and provide guidance for optimal raw material usage.
- Lead the application and interpretation of SPC control charting. Utilize interpretation to identify improvement and cost-saving opportunities.
- Participate on problem solving teams and project teams as a technical resource geared towards improving the performance of existing processes and raw materials.
- Proficiency using root cause analysis to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Ability to translate technical data into a format/language suitable for personnel
- Process hazard analysis and process safety management
- Advanced knowledge of Manufacturing concepts and analysis tools, such as statistical analysis/statistical process control (SPC), process capability studies, lean manufacturing, 5S, Six Sigma, Kepner Tregoe, and/or Design of Experiments (DOE)
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering required
- 1-3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment required; pulp and paper manufacturing experience preferred
Apply on company website