Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
Supervise production shift as assigned on a rotating basis, including process, packaging and yard personnel. May also include maintenance resources assigned to shift rotation. Scope of supervision extends to maintenance and housekeeping duties. The Production Supervisor is responsible for safety, quality, and productivity through direct leadership and coordination of production operators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform Safety investigations for any near miss or significant incidents.
- Drive productivity and foster continuous improvement through sound management practices including communication of goals, training of operators, operating of machines within established process specifications, and identification and resolution of production related issues. Maximize production efficiencies, achieve targeted raw material usages, and minimize yield losses while producing high quality product in a safe manner. Troubleshoot and quickly resolve production method or machinery issues that are impacting run rates, downtime, or quality.
- Provide leadership and direction to the production crew on a daily basis. Provide a safe work place through adherence to company safety policy, housekeeping and defined standards of training. Lead production crew safety meetings. Monitor compliance to safety policies and procedures, conduct inspections of plant areas, and ensure deficiencies found are resolved or appropriately communicated. Participate in the selection discussion for filling open operator positions and participate in the interview process for new production personnel. Understand and feel comfortable communicating the bonus program so that employees understand their ability to impact results and maximize Operating Income and their bonus opportunity.
- Maintain an excellent quality level of product produced at the lowest cost. Monitor key operating parameters to ensure the product adheres to specifications while minimizing raw material usage. Work with production operators to identify and reduce controllable quality issues. Ensure each operator completes required quality checks. Ensure SPC rules and methodologies are adhered to during the production process. Ensure startup, shutdown and shift checks are being performed accurately and discrepancies are reported. Review results of audits performed by QA department and communicate to production crew. Provide feedback to production crew on all field complaints.
- Complete all required administrative duties accurately and in a timely manner. Address performance issues with employees as required. Provide effective employee feedback to employees using the coaching process. Monitor and address poor attendance issues in a timely manner. Maintain accurate timekeeping for production employees and ensure timecards are approved on time. Execute accurate shift reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES:
- Facilitating Change
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Business Acumen
- Developing Others
- Stress Tolerance
- Decision Making
- Managing Conflict
Technical knowledge/skills required
- Familiar with standard Manufacturing concepts, practices & procedures
- Skilled in problem identification/resolution
- Intermediate SPC and six sigma methodologies
- Intermediate knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and G-Suite to enter data, generate reports and communicate with employees.
General knowledge/skills required
- Planning and organizational skills including ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Results oriented, high energy, credible, honest, self-motivated person.
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal and listening.
- Coaching skills to include: demonstrating procedures, leading by example and persuading others.
- Familiarity with Safety activities including root cause investigations, safe behavior observations, team activities, industrial hygiene, and OSHA compliance.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb ladders and/or stairs and walk on open grating on elevated surfaces
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone
- Ability to operate production machinery.
- High school graduate or equivalent [Bachelor's or Associate's degree preferred]
- A minimum of three (3) years as a production supervisor or five (5) years as a lead operator in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding required
- Experience in continuous process industry preferred
- No of direct reports: 12 - 20
- Travel Requirements: 0-5%
Apply on company website