Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
Siplast, a leading manufacturer of commercial roofing & waterproofing products, is looking for a Territory Sales Manager for the San Fransisco area.
Why work for Siplast?
At Siplast, we believe our employees are our greatest resource! We offer competitive wages +bonus plan, benefits, & vacation package for all full-time permanent positions.
If this sounds like a good match for you, please read the full job description below & apply!
SECTION I: GENERAL OVERVIEW AND REPORTING
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for the promotion and sales of Siplast products and all aspects of general administration within his/her assigned territory. This position reports directly to the District Sales Manager or Regional Sales Manager and generally requires the establishment of, and operation from, an in-home office.
SECTION II: DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Territory Sales Manager will be trained in Siplast products and processes (or has been promoted), and will work closely with the District Sales Manager or Regional Sales Manager in performing the following responsibilities:
1. Product sales, accomplished primarily through specification selling to major owners, architects, roofing consultants, and roofing contractors. Includes identification of prospective jobs and decision making individual, timely contact, and effective follow-up. Also includes proper use of sales and promotional tools provided by the company and development of additional tools, such as local job photos, testimonials, references, etc.
2. Assist with the development and maintenance of a quality select roofing contractor and lightweight contractor program, based on knowledge of contractor business, general market knowledge, and active involvement in local trade organizations and activities. This includes the management of the contractor base including regular business review meetings, training of contractor crews and monitoring of Siplast applications.
3. Technical services, including development and/or review of roofing specifications for prospective jobs, participation in pre-job meetings (when required), conduct periodic job/rooftop inspections (in progress, final, two year, as required), and basic troubleshooting. Work closely with local field technical representative in prioritizing and managing technical needs of his/her territory.
4. Budget management, including sales and related business expenses to ensure that all territory expenses are within defined limits and policies.
5. Develop and monitor sales budget and forecast for his/her territory.
6. General administration, including timely completion of all required administrative reports & electronic updating (itinerary, expense reports, prospect lists, job quotes, shipping forecasts, call reports, activity reports, guarantee forms, factory warehouse inventory reports per established guidelines and time frames).
7. Pricing administration, including maximizing price on each job, proper and timely documentation for pricing, and responsible determination for required pricing deviations, based upon job size, competitive threat, specification rigidity, etc.
8. Credit administration, including assisting the Credit Manager, as required, in maintaining all accounts in a "current" or "acceptable" status.
9. Field Safety
- Participate in Siplast safety training & complete quizzes by deadlines
- Adhere to Job Site Safety Practices & Mfg. Plant Safety Practices
- Wear appropriate PPE for jobsite & manufacturing facilities (i.e. hard hat, safety glasses, reflective vest, work boots, gloves, appropriate clothing, etc.)
- Exercise rooftop & ladder safety precautions
- Adhere to company policies concerning driver safety and cell phone usage (i.e. use of hands-free devices, no texting while driving, etc.)
- Exercise safe driving practices
- Follow jobsite safety standards as prescribed by contractor or building owner
- Report a job-related injury to HR immediately
SECTION III: NECESSARY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Professional image – appearance and demeanor
- Solid Siplast product knowledge or 3+ years comprehensive, applicable roofing product knowledge
- Self disciplined and motivated (initiative)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to establish business relationships
- Confidence, aggressiveness, tenacity, and resiliency
- Effective time management skills
- Solid communication skills – both verbal & written
- Sales ability and persuasiveness
- Face to face sales call experience
- Independence/ability to work on own
- Must have (and maintain) a valid driver's license and an insurable driving record
- Ability to travel as necessary (depending on sales area, could average
- 4+ overnights/month)
- Ability to have and maintain a credit card for business-related expenses
SECTION IV: PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to drive car and travel (as necessary), without assistance (may be extensive during the first year of training)
- Ability to climb ladders, work with heights and demonstrate roof applications
- Must have the ability to work in outdoor conditions (including high/low temperatures, wind, dust, humidity, etc)
- Visual acuity to perform inspections, read computer screens, documents, etc.
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry, filing, and site inspections
- Ability to hear and speak on the phone
- Ability to bend, pull, and reach to perform filing functions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (booth, sample boxes, products, etc)
Apply on company website