Driven by Possibility Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations. We don't rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers' demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers' diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers' operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. We are Gates. The Manager of Accounting has responsibility for mid-level to complex accounting activities within Gates Corporate Center Finance for multiple reporting entities, with a focus on its Central Cost Operating Unit, comprising approximately $130 million in expenses. Primary responsibilities include managing and closing Oracle ledgers and HFM entities; management, statutory and government reporting; budgeting and forecasting and intercompany accounting. Role will work closely with various functional leaders in the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Daily accounting activities of multiple mid-level to complex entities as assigned by the Director of Corporate Accounting.
- Preparation of monthly forecasts and variance analysis to budget and actual, including but not limited to headcount, cash, balance sheet and expense forecasts. This requires working with the functional leadership teams to reflect business activities.
- Preparation of the annual budget including all supporting documentation.
- Support management reporting, including but not limited to the following activities: review and approve statutory reporting;, creating variance analysis; prepare, review and finalize financial results on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, entering and/or reviewing Hyperion and Oracle data, reconciling Hyperion and Oracle data; prepare month end financial statements and allocation cost reports.
- May be assigned tasks including but not limited to the completion of financial elements related to IT contracts, completion of annual property tax insurance questionnaire, compiling vacant property reporting, completion of the annual tax package, preparation of accruals, closing of capital projects, maintaining Oracle chart of accounts, reviewing environmental and real estate payments, preparation of healthcare experience reporting, retiree census, computation of bonus payments, analysis of benefit costs, computation of workers compensation reserves and development factors, preparation of company life insurance accounting, coding of invoices, preparation of medical lag calculations, preparation of retirement and restoration calculations.
- Process journal entries including preparation, recording and collection of supporting documentation in compliance with Gates Mandate for Fundamental Financial Controls and existing SOX matrixes. Reviews and approves journal entries that have been prepared by Accounting Specialists.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts for more complex or key accounts, maintains supporting documentation in compliance with Gates controls. Resolve reconciling items within a reasonable timeframe and participates in balance sheet review processes. Review and approves account reconciliations that have been prepared by Accounting Specialists.
- Provide expertise, supports completion of intercompany transactions including but not limited to intercompany statements and agreements, invoicing, intercompany interest and balance reconciliation and cash transfers between companies. Ensure all balances are compiled, invoiced, reconciled and communicated to Gates companies. Review and approve intercompany work prepared by Accounting Specialists.
- Work with the Accounting Specialists, reviews and approves quarterly and annual government reporting, ensuring accuracy, compliance and timely submission. Support corporate tax compliance.
- Ensure compliance with Gates Mandate for Fundamental Financial Controls and existing SOX matrixes, identify and recommend controls changes to the Director of Corporate Accounting.
- Participate in and supports testing and audit activities. May be asked to lead SOX compliance testing of entities as assigned by Corporate Governance.
- Support external audits by facilitating the provision of data to external auditors and responding to inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for processes and procedures within the Corporate Center Finance Accounting Group (content, accuracy, timeliness, formats, controls, automation, etc.).
- Participate in special projects as directed by the Director of Corporate Accounting.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- BS in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ yrs of specific experience in related accounting roles with progressive responsibility.
- CPA preferred.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- Experience in a publically owned corporation a plus.
- Strong accounting knowledge with experience in all areas of general accounting.
- Knowledge of intercompany accounting processes.
- International accounting knowledge beneficial.
- Strong Excel skills a must.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong team player; proactively able to step in to support other team members as needed and share knowledge to allow cross training of all functions, builds collaborative relationships.
- Works well under pressure and demonstrates flexibility in work style to accommodate changing priorities and fixed deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with other accountants, functional specialists outside of Corporate Finance and business leaders. Demonstrated ability to interpret data and provide meaningful information to both a financial and non financial audience.
- Capable of mentoring Accounting Specialists in all areas of general accounting with a continued emphasis on developing talent within the team. Takes responsibility for personal development.
- Self motivated, capable of seeking quality solutions and continuously focusing on process improvements, while keeping the needs of the business in the forefront.
- Experience with SOX controls auditing processes and is committed to the importance of accounting standards and controls.
- Experience with Oracle Financial modules, Hyperion and General Ledger systems a plus.
Apply on company website