Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations.
We don’t rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers’ demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers’ diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers’ operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable.
We are Gates.
As Gates Corporation looks into the future, Product Line Management (PLM) has been identified as a crucial role that will drive the next phase of our company’s growth. This role is involved in the development and implementation of product line strategic plans, including market and competitive analysis and identifying strategic initiatives that drive profitable growth. The PLM will lay out product roadmaps and work with engineering to lay out technology roadmaps that support these product roadmaps. S/he will identify, justify and select new product development projects and marketing programs to obtain desired growth in incoming orders and sales and achieve profitability targets. S/he will support the formulation of all short-term and long-term objectives and business plans for their product line, including meeting orders, sales, market share, price realization, profitability, VA/VE, quality, delivery and vitality metrics. S/he will partner with operations to ensure the manufacturability and delivery of product per growth projections.
PLM will report to Director, Global Product Line Management-Hydraulics. S/he will work with sales and customers to capture VOC and incorporate it into product planning and execution, and support sales to drive the sales pipeline and close opportunities. PLM will work with engineering to manage the portfolio of organic investments in the product line across the entire product lifecycle from ideation through to commercialization and end-of-life. PLM will coordinate with manufacturing and operations to ensure product availability.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The PLMs specific responsibilities will fall into the following primary areas:
- Supports P&L for the product line, including strategic planning and tactical managing to achieve financial and other operating metrics.
- Conducts voice of the customer interviews and feeds customer desires into internal organization through customer visits, industry association participation, and competitive research.
- Support the NPD process for the product line to achieve desired results. Ensure that feature, quality, and cost objectives are reached and that schedules are kept. Prepares required Market Launch materials. Document product specs, strategy, plans, training needs, act as overall project manager.
- Support all aspects of the new product launch process and commercialization
- Maintain current knowledge and expertise of product engineering technologies, new product designs, competitor capabilities and practices, market conditions, and market channels in order to develop short-term and long-term product design and necessary manufacturing strategies.
- Develop and coordinate marketing communications materials for all sales channels, internal and external.
- Continually analyze and interpret customer questions, requirements, or problems.
- Support the preparation of effective quotations, bids, and related negotiation documentation for the sales of products produced by the company.
- High Level interpersonal and leadership skills; must be able to influence across multiple levels within the company and locations; including establishing global partnerships.
- Strategic mindset and strong business acumen
- Global work experience and perspective
- Change management leadership capability
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and drive change
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Business or Marketing from an accredited institution required;
- Minimum of 3 years of marketing, outside field sales, application engineering and/or product engineering or business development experience
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including international travel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to influence with and without authority
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: This description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities.
Please be advised that Gates Corporation does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters.
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.
Apply on company website