Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations.
We don’t rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers’ demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers’ diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers’ operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. We are Gates.
At Gates, we welcome challenges, celebrate hard work, and continually seek new talent to join our global company. Our Galesburg IL location is looking for Material Resource Planner. Please review below to see if this might be the right opportunity for you.
- Responsible for procurement and delivery of assigned components for manufacturing.
- Establish and manage production schedules on a daily and weekly basis.
- Evaluate and communicate changes that impact the Supply Chain group.
- Develop tools that will monitor performance trends to ensure on-time delivery of material flow through external and internal processes.
- Monitor material input/output and WIP based on demand to control and improve inventory levels through Lean initiatives.
- Place and administer work order requirements using Oracle Systems. Should be CMS/Power BI systems.
- Schedules or places orders and coordinate the delivery of parts/materials, resale items, services and equipment.
- Controls the inventory of assigned products in accordance with management objectives
- Expedites requirements as needed.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned
Scope of Role:
This role reports to the Materials Manager
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA or equivalent (8 years of experience)
- 5 year’s experience in inventory planning.
- High preference given to applicant with CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) certificate.
- CMS Oracle Application Purchasing, Inventory and Order Management experience
- Must possess strong conflict management skills
- Strong MS-Word, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and proven ability to facilitate collaboration in cross regional and multi-cultural teams.
- Proactive and able to manage ambiguity effectively. Ability to conceptualize and think strategically as well as develop and deliver tactical plans.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives
- Builds collaborative relationships and shares knowledge, experience and expertise with team members.
- Strong team player; proactively able to step in to support other team members as needed and share knowledge to allow cross training of all functions, builds collaborative relationships.
- Works well under pressure, effectively handles conflict and demonstrates flexibility in work style to accommodate changing priorities and fixed deadlines.
- Self-motivated, capable of seeking quality solutions and continuously focusing on process improvements, problem solving, statistical and root cause analysis while keeping the needs of the business in the forefront.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While in Manufacturing or distribution areas, the environment in some areas could require safety PPE to include hearing protection, steel toed shoes, and safety glasses.
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.
Apply on company website