Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations.
We don’t rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers’ demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers’ diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers’ operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable.
We are Gates.
Leads and directs employees of the plant to ensure we meet customer expectations in all manufacturing areas including safety, quality, delivery and cost. Manages associates who review sales orders, manufacturing schedules and inventory control records to determine quantities of and delivery schedules for raw materials and purchased parts and assemblies required to sustain scheduled production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned beyond the core functions listed below.
- Ensures a safety driven culture. Ensures expectations are clearly articulated, safe work practices are adhered to and holds employees accountable for safety infractions. Investigates safety related issues or violations.
- Assists in the development of policies, procedures and objective for the procurement of goods and services for the organization.
- Provides leadership, coaching and mentoring of area or line supervisors reporting to them.
- Purchases all materials and supplies required by the manufacturer.
- Meet established quality requirements at a competitive price with delivery at the desired time and location.
- Control inventory levels within the plant guidelines.
- Provide products and services to global customers and clients in the proper application selected.
- Provide support in functional areas of shipping, receiving and product control.
- Processes documents through internal systems.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (8 years’ experience) with 7 years of specific experience
- Must establish and maintain inside relationships and contacts, also is aware of key outside people who can give valuable assistance.
- Ability to learn new service related functions in a timely fashion.
- Speaks and writes effectively, particularly adept in persuasive oral communications.
- Needs a high degree of mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrate the ability to function well in a highly matrixed environment.
- Strong understanding of applicable computer systems, such as the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing required. Experience managing a workforce through lean implementation a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While in Manufacturing Plants or Distribution Centers, the environment in some areas could require safety PPE to include hearing protection, steel toed shoes, and safety glasses.
Please be advised that Gates Corporation does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters. We are an equal opportunity employer. We select candidates based on a fair evaluation of their skills and abilities, measured against the position requirements. All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or family status, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Gates offers an accessible recruitment process that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require any accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, we invite you to inform the Human Resources representative that contacted you.
Apply on company website