Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations.
We don’t rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers’ demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers’ diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers’ operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable.
We are Gates.
National Account Manager, Major Accounts
In this highly visible position, responsible for proactively planning, developing and implementing strategies and programs to grow Gates business with key accounts, one of Gates most important channel partners. Expand and foster trusting relationships by engaging at all levels in the Key accounts organization including the corporate office, distribution centers and field locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop trusting, collaborative relationships with all levels of the Key accounts organization including corporate headquarters, operations management, regional sales and key team members.
- Expand the relationship by continuously proposing solutions that help Key accounts grow with GATES.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of Key accounts culture, business model, needs and requirements and turn those into actionable growth programs.
- Drive business (~70% of time) through field sales calls, blitzes and training at commercial professional shops, fleets and special markets. Focus and growing the Key account flagship commercial CAR member’s accounts and national account opportunities.
- Act as the ambassador for Key accounts within GATES ensuring the voice of the customer is heard. This includes collaboratively engaging and navigating GATES corporate headquarters functions, plant operations & DCs and field sales team to support Key accounts.
- Liaise between the Key account and GATES field sales team coordinating and supporting sales activities.
- Conduct presentations with Key account sales and operations teams through the RFSM, RM, DM quarterly and weekly meetings.
- Champion the Store Scorecard process to strategically identify district and regional sales growth opportunities and implement action plans including training.
- Train Key account team members in GATES products by focusing on the value proposition of the GATES premium offering including the product, coverage, quality and delivery.
- Respond quickly to product and service issues and take ownership for corrective action.
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics. This includes using CRM (SellSMART) to log and track opportunities as well as weekly and monthly sales reports.
- Work with National Account Director to manage strategic projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 3 - 5 years of commercial experience, preferably in the automotive aftermarket.
- Results oriented, self-starter that takes the initiative to look for and take advantage of opportunities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with demonstrated organization and planning skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills with intellectual curiosity.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills with ability to listen, partner and influence at all levels in an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work and navigate large, matrix organization. Knows how their role and/or function fit into the strategic plan and overall direction of GATES and Key account.
- Creates alignment with the Key account organization and with the Gates organization so everyone understands the strategy and how their contribution furthers organizational success.
- Good judgment and decision making that reinforce strategies, business plans and follow through with disciplined implementation plans and measures.
- Change Agent; brings focus, purpose and agility to motivate customers and internal Gates associates to adapt quickly to changing business needs.
- Proven ability to raise the performance bar creating, promoting and sustaining a high performance culture that reinforces accountability.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large group, with peers, and senior leaders.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to make and deliver high impact presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize data to support sales and report metrics.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint).
- The travel required for this position is 50%.
Bachelor's degree, MBA a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.
Apply on company website