Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations.
We don’t rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers’ demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers’ diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers’ operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable.
We are Gates.
At Gates, we welcome challenges, celebrate hard work, and continually seek new talent to join our global company. Our Brantford office is looking for a Production Supervisor. This position Leads and directs employees of the plant to ensure we meet customer expectations in all manufacturing areas including safety, quality, delivery and cost. Please review below to see if this might be the right opportunity for you.
- 30% Responsible for providing daily direction and training to shop floor employees who perform work in production, assembly, and other shop floor areas ensuring efficient operations and processes. Communicating with staff and employees to drive alignment and consistency to goals and company objectives
- 20% Manages performance, productivity, attendance, quality, and housekeeping expectations and drives personal accountability. Addresses performance problems, recognition and provides coaching where appropriate. Ensures policies and work practices are administered in a fair and consistent fashion.
- 20% Ensures a continuous focus is placed on process improvement and reduction of waste. Empowers and encourages employees to continually evaluate and improve daily processes.
- 15% Ensures a safety driven culture. Ensures expectations are clearly articulated, safe work practices are adhered to and holds employees accountable for safety infractions. Investigates safety related issues or violations.
- 15% Responsible for reporting and tracking of shift metrics.
- Performs other tasks or duties as assigned.
KEYS TO SUCCESS:
- Requires a working knowledge of equipment and production processes.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, lead and empower people
- Demonstrated ability to drive accountability, resolve conflict and manage performance expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt and flex styles in a quickly changing team environment.
- Strong team player; proactively able to step in to support other team members as needed.
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills. Be able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks while meeting expected timelines.
- Takes action, anticipates the needs of internal and external customers and is self-directed in achieving results.
- Uses creativity to seek quality solutions and process improvements while keeping in mind the needs of the business.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills to include proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products (i.e. Excel and Word)
- Experience with CMS would be considered an asset
- Must be able to work any shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 10 years general, 6 years specific experience or 2 years college with 6 years specific experience.
Will manage direct reports and have responsibility for performance management and day-to-day coaching to ensure success of the Production team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually high. The environment in some areas will require safety PPE to include hearing protection, steel toed shoes and safety glasses. This list of PPE is not inclusive of all types of PPE that may be required. Additional PPE may be required dependent on the operation or situation.
Please be advised that Gates Corporation does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters.We are an equal opportunity employer. We select candidates based on a fair evaluation of their skills and abilities, measured against the position requirements. All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or family status, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Gates offers an accessible recruitment process that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require any accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, we invite you to inform the Human Resources representative that contacted you
Apply on company website