Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations.
We don’t rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers’ demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers’ diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers’ operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable.
We are Gates.
At Gates, we welcome challenges, celebrate hard work, and continually seek new talent to join our global company. Our Iola office is looking for a Supply Chain Manager. Please review below to see if this might be the right opportunity for you.
This position supports the Local Plant and Gates North American operations platform. The incumbent works with Gates’ manufacturing plants, procurement, finance, marketing, and product management to provide support for purchasing and materials issues for the incumbent’s assigned plants. The incumbent will lead a broad range of projects to create and implement planning strategies in a collaborative fashion while maintaining alignment with corporate and operating unit’s strategic and financial plans.
- Lead and facilitate planning processes to achieve service level and inventory goals
- Work with other Gates locations to ensure that forecasted loads are met and distributed among the locations per the strategic plan
- Work within the local team to achieve schedule adherence goals
- Provide procurement leadership, strategy, support, and guidance to business units (plants) and in coordination with Global Commodity Managers.
- Engaging with business units to identify and implement cost reduction, improved delivery, quality, and assurance of supply opportunities
- Lead efforts to drive cost out of supply chain
KEYS TO SUCCESS:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Versed in MS Office, ERP (Oracle preferred), and knowledge of ARIBA a plus.
- Ability to make independent and sound decisions.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate across functional and multicultural lines
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of lean manufacturing principles (Toyota Production System).
- Principle centered leadership/high level of integrity and ethics
- Leads by example
- Must be self-motivated, results and action oriented.
- High energy
- High stress and ambiguity tolerance
- Open mind, analytic, and strong business acumen
- Organized/strong time and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or related field required (MBA preferred).
- Previous materials management experience preferred.
- Experience as a change agent in an organization.
- Experience implementing changes consistent with the organizations vision.
- 8+ years of supply chain experience.
This individual is responsible for the overall performance and success of the plant’s procurement process. The SCM will lead a team of direct reports, including Material Planners and Schedulers.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel may be required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.
Apply on company website