Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations.
We don’t rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers’ demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers’ diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers’ operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable.
We are Gates.
The Supply Chain Manager, Operations Planning (S&OP Manager) is the functional leader of production planning and purchasing activities to meet service level and inventory goals at assigned manufacturing facilities to include Poplar Bluff, Columbia & Elizabethtown. The S&OP Manager is also responsible for maintaining planning master data in ERP system(s), leading continuous improvement initiatives, and driving metrics across responsible plants and categories. The S&OP Manager oversees the development and standardization of processes and the associated reporting and metrics that enable end-to-end supply chain information flow from customer demand forecast to plant supply plans with an objective to optimize inventory levels while increasing service levels.
- Lead operations teams in driving process improvements to ensure supply planning (capacity and inventory) is aligned with customer demand and that disconnects are identified for resolution.
- Drive manufacturing to identify supply exceptions and generate options and present recommendations, with cost/benefit/risk analyses
- Identify strategic/investment decisions e.g. network capacity additions, customer allocations, and present recommendations with options analyses
- Oversight of actual production and inventory performance to ensure it is in line with forecasted plans and the same is monitored, tracked and reported at regular intervals; release of all work orders
- Lead master scheduling and finite scheduling processes at responsible plants to ensure supply & demand matching while continuing to drive to inventory & service level targets. Review, authorize, drive and oversee adjustments of weekly plant production releases to the floor.
- Provide oversight of responsible plants, ensure loads are managed to capacity constraints while achieving target Service Levels. Develop and lead daily GPS report outs to Senior Leadership
- Functionally oversee relevant purchasing/scheduling personnel at manufacturing locations as assigned through functional leadership
- Lead discovery, analysis, and reporting of product and material availability issues and drive root cause and countermeasure action plans across categories, owning resolution & recovery plans while providing oversight to responsible plants/categories to ensure recovery plans are met
- Lead monthly management of metrics, including root cause and countermeasure of misses to target, across manufacturing sites and internal partners, to drive corrective actions in planning parameters, process creation/standard work, and communication to achieve targets
- Provide leadership and direction to assigned plants regarding production planning, shipment and inventory trends, inventory management; align supply to demand and financial targets
- Owns all facets of production planning, schedule adherence, production and inventory targets at assigned manufacturing facilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned beyond the core functions listed below.
- Plans, schedules, and drives, supply requirements from supply base (manufacturing plants or affiliate plants) and manages working capital / inventory to assigned targets. Functionally oversee operations personnel in planning & scheduling within assigned plants to ensure alignment with demand forecasting and achievement of working capital targets and service level goals
- Lead, facilitate and advocate the S&OP process with the assigned manufacturing sites, supply chain and commercial support functions
- Develop and maintain monthly supply requirements through site collaboration and site commitments using systematic planning tools.
- Perform root cause analysis to address service level or inventory variances from management plan and develop and lead corrective actions. Oversee identification and resolution of issues with schedule adherence, supplier on-time-delivery, quality, and price (as applicable) by leading operations teams at manufacturing facilities and collaborating with procurement
- Leadership partner with Global Procurement and North American Manufacturing teams to drive supply selection (manufacturing plant or supplier) and act as primary interface between Gates customer and source of supply
- Maintain planning, pricing (as required), and other required information for assigned items in ERP system(s)
Operate as functional leader for assigned manufacturing facilities, plant scheduling, and buying and planning organizations. Incumbent must provide process and root cause discovery leadership for responsible manufacturing plants and procurement areas, overseeing development and action plans across the functional team.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of purchasing, manufacturing planning, master scheduling and related experience; MBA preferred
- In-depth Excel knowledge
- Data analytics ability and past experience in leading root cause and countermeasure activities
- Prior experience with ERP/MRP/DRP systems, Oracle preferred
- Demonstrated ability to influence, communicate, and drive results while leading a functional team
- Knowledge and understanding of production, purchasing, and inventory planning with strong analytical data processing experience
- Prior experience in a high SKU-count environment preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, high level of forward reaction response required.
- Advanced computer skills required with a minimum of high-level Microsoft Excel knowledge. Minitab, Tableau, or other analytical system preferred.
- Strong team player; proactively able to support other team members as needed, shares knowledge to drive cross training of all key functions; builds collaborative relationships
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with proven ability to facilitate collaboration in cross regional and multi-cultural teams
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.
Apply on company website