Role Summary: The ADMS Senior Technical Consultant is responsible for the technical delivery of GE's ADMS software products to meet the schedule, cost and quality commitments. This is achieved by combining technical expertise and product knowledge to contribute to project delivery. This role suits those with strong leadership and technical skill set. It involves a high degree of customer contact, consultancy and liaison with product and project teams across Asia-Pacific and globally.
- Supporting ADMS implementation projects through installation and roll-out to live operation
- Liaising with GE customers at various project levels to maintain good customer relations and on time delivery, and to elicit technical requirements and to negotiate technical change
- Liaising with GE internal teams for the design and delivery of project specific software to meet customer requirements
- Ensuring accurate and rapid configuration of the GE product set
- Providing input to and optimisation of the project to assist Technical Delivery Managers and/or Project Managers
- Provide specialised technical support from a remote location either by telephone, email or Internet
- Provide specialised technical training to internal and external customers
- Work closely with GE development team on delivering software upgrades and enhancements
- Hardware and installation support for internal ADMS used by projects and customer support
- Maintaining an awareness of latest technologies
- Ensuring that all related quality procedures, guidelines and initiatives are adhered to
- Ensuring continuous improvement of customer satisfaction
- Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline, preferably Engineering or IT and minimum 7 years relevant experience
- Minimum 7 years software implementation and/or Business Consulting experience
- Recent experience of SCADA, DMS, OMS. PowerOn ADMS experience is an advantage.
- 5+ years' experience with Windows, .NET, SQL or Oracle databases, Perl, Java, Web Services, or similar programming languages/technologies
- Understanding of electrical utilities companies business requirements
- Experience in project delivery integrating software products and/or technical support of a live environment
- Demonstrated success in working with customers, vendors, and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work remotely and actively manage several concurrent customer engagements.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and consultancy skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to progress simultaneous, high-profile, high-priority issues
- Thoroughly motivated self-starter, able to work independently, motivate and influence others
- Ability to take direction from both Technical and Project Managers overseeing the projects you are assigned.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and responsibilities, while maintaining a high level of quality service and professionalism.
- Ability to interact confidently with customers from end users to executive suite.
- Software skills in software analysis, design, and methodology
- Training experience or strong knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Six Sigma quality experience (Black Belt/Green Belt certified).
- Experience with Linux / UNIX and Windows OS
- Willing to travel within ANZ and the Asia Pacific region as required
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: New Zealand, United Kingdom;Auckland;
Apply on company website