Role Summary: You will be responsible for the administration of all GE Healthcare acquired and union benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) plan and retirement plans; vendor relationships; GEHC Affiliate Benefit Plan Committee material preparation; benefit communication compliance and required communication mailing coordination and coordination with GE corporate benefit communications and issues.
Essential Responsibilities: • Serves as liaison for benefit questions and issues escalated to People Operations. Ensures client and employee benefits are administered effectively, thoroughly, and timely.
• You will drive functional excellence and process improvement while providing responsive employee support by leveraging resources across the HR team.
• Serve as subject matter expert with detail of benefit plans administered; including, but not limited to, health, dental, vision, life, and flexible spending, and supplemental plan offerings.
• In coordination with union employee site, coordinate annual benefits renewal and enrollment process and support activities in order to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
• Assist employees and HR leaders with questions related to benefit plans offered and referrals to GE Corporate benefits teams as needed including, but not limited to, claims issues, plan changes and appeals process.
• Investigate and resolve employee benefit claims questions including, but not limited to, contacting plan providers, health care professionals, and other service providers.
• Own timely resolution of employee and HR issues and questions.
• Coordinates quarterly GEHC Affiliate Benefit Plan Committee meetings including invitations, agenda and material preparation and data gathering.
• Organizes and maintains all benefit plan information and GEHC Affiliate Benefit Plan Committee files.
• Prepares annual compliance calendar and ensures appropriate distribution of all legally required mailings for GEHC sponsored programs.
• Coordinates annual audits and 5500 filings.
• Analyze administration trends and produce strategic recommendations to proactively address systemic issues.
• Bring creative and systemic solutions to shape the Employee Solutions team with a focus on employee advocacy, employee engagement and employee relations while eliminating or reducing common areas of concern.
• Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care.
• Maintain understanding of current federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to benefit plan administration.
• Engage in continuous improvement related to processes, communication, practices, etc.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree, preferably in business, human resources, or related area; and three – five years' benefits administration and vendor management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired Characteristics: • CEBS or comparable benefit certification strongly desired (can be achieved post hire)
• Strong employee benefits operational background. Knowledge of employee benefit processes and compliance requirements
• 3+ years' experience in employee benefits administration and vendor management, benefit call center or other administration/compliance role
• Sound knowledge of U.S. employee benefit laws and government requirements
• Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational and file management skills
• Empathetic communication style, able to deliver difficult messages effectively
• Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness
• Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, and confidentiality
• Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
• Strong problem-solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to be flexible and work with changing teams and priorities
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Resources
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Additional Locations: United States;Illinois;Chicago;
Apply on company website