Role Summary: Control over the compliance with the requirements of the Law on Accounting and Financial Statements of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as other applicable laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the purpose of keeping the Company's accounts. For specific enterprises / businesses of the company, management and support of all financial processes, including reconciliation of all accounts in accordance with the GE standards;
Review and development of internal control in all processes.
- Ensuring of full and reliable information about the financial state, performance and changes in the Company's financial position;
- Ensuring of the organization of accounting, including the availability of the approved internal documents (i.e. Accounting Policy) that regulate the procedure for reflecting the operations conducted by the Company in accounts;
- Organization of keeping the Company's primary documents, control over the compliance with the requirements of the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan, issue of electronic tax invoices (ETI);
- Organization of control over the collection, keeping and archiving of the originals of all primary documents, registers of accounts in hard copy and/or on electronic media;
- Tracing of changes in the accounting laws, as well as initiation of changes in the accounting system and introduction of controls;
- Organization of control over the compliance of reflection of accounting records upon occurrence of new and/or disputable and/or non-standard operations in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Formation and approval of financial, statistical and other statements in compliance with the requirements of the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Ensuring of the collection of primary documents from contractors in accordance with the requirements of the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the applicable practice;
- Supervising the work of external accounting consultants;
- Provision of additional reports on the Company's operation (as requested);
- Participation in closing of the reporting period and in the budgeting process;
- Involvement in and organization of taking stock of assets and liabilities in accordance with the requirements of the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Participation in approval of draft contracts with non-resident legal entities and other contractors;
- Creation and support of constructive relations with clients and suppliers; building of mutual relations with other subdivisions of the company; provision of support in the collection and transfer of necessary information between subdivisions.
- For specific entities/business, ensure accurate and timely operation of all daily general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, T&L, payroll, inventory, FA, taxes and cash management processes.
- Clear understanding of business needs in the areas of financial reporting, general accounting, tax reporting, legal entity management, payroll admin services etc.
- Get deeply involved in any internal/external audit, mitigate company risks through a proper process set up and drive resolution of findings in compliance with the relevant policies and procedures, legislation;
- Work together with the Centre and Regional Controllers and Leaders, as well as with the regional teams achieving strategic goals within the Centre and RCIS region.
- Keep track of team's hours spend and a list of activities performed with a biz split, be able to explain any changes and quickly arrange back up, ensure sustainability of team, be a coach
- Bear a formal responsibility for accuracy of accounting books as it is required by the country legislation
- Significant financial (5+ years) experience within a multinational company – chief accountant with a solid knowledge of statutory legislation, including and not limited to tax/labor/social protection and other legislation of KZ
- Clear communication skill – ability to articulate problems and solutions at different levels
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of managing relationships in a complex matrix environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrated commitment to meeting deadlines
- Fluent in Kazakh, English and Russian.
- Advanced computer skills: 1C, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) and ability to learn how to use other internal and external applications.
- Experience in finance ERP systems and in implementing company policies.
- Formal Finance Qualification - CPA, ACCA or equivalent
- Similar role in other international company with a strong corporate culture (US company experience is preferred)
- Strong experience both in Kazakh Statutory regulation (including but not limited to tax and customs regulations) and IFRS standards, or experience in one and clear willingness to learn the other.
- Ability to travel within and outside of country for the short-term business trips as needed
Desired Characteristics: Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: Kazakhstan;Astana;
Apply on company website