Role Summary: The incumbent will be a key member of GE's government affairs team, based in Beijing, China and focusing primarily on Chinese national and provincial government policy, regulation, procurement and funding on behalf of GE's power business. He/she will report directly to GE Power's Director of Global Government Affairs & Policy (based in Washington, DC) and operationally to the China power business leader - serving as a member of the GE power China leadership team .
Essential Responsibilities: The incumbent will be responsible for developing and maintaining a network of officials at the national and provincial levels responsible decision-making affecting the gas power industry and GE's ability to compete. Utilizing his or her network, the incumbent will be responsible for:
• Monitoring activities, anticipating new trends and developments affecting the gas power business;
• Acting as GE's lead spokesperson to the Chinese government and industry associations regarding gas power issues in China;
• Identifying the government affairs priorities and developing corresponding strategies for GE's power business in China;
• Providing intelligence to business leadership, developing and articulating policy positions, and shaping outcomes to advance the interests of the business;
• Assuming lead responsibility for several ongoing critical advocacy campaigns, including driving cooperation and developing partnerships with key Chinese provinces to promote gas power activities and demonstration projects; obtaining Chinese government funding for GE Power manufacturing and research efforts; aligning with colleagues in the business to advance collaboration with GE Power customers in the Chinese Engineering, Procurement and Construction industry; and collaborating with GE Power technical experts and Chinese officials to promote effective and favorable emissions regulations;
• Establishing a strong relationship with the US Embassy and Beijing and relevant consular offices to promote US government advocacy for GE projects and initiatives;
• Organizing visits to China by senior GE power business leaders.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is required, ideally including a combination of work in the Chinese government and the private sector.
• Fluency in Chinese and English, both written and spoken.
• A strong understanding of the energy and/or utility sector is essential.
• GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in China.
• Candidates must be proficient in using Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Desired Characteristics: • Candidates must commit to conducting GE's business affairs with the highest integrity, including strict adherence to applicable laws and GE's values.
• GE is seeking a candidate with the ability to develop comprehensive strategies to deliver meaningful, measurable results for the company.
• Candidates should be highly organized, be able to balance multiple, often competing priorities in an extraordinarily fast-paced environment, and have a talent for developing clear, understandable and compelling messages based on complex industry and technology dynamics.
• The ideal candidate will be comfortable engaging with senior government officials and company executives, with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• An advanced degree in political science, business, technology or a related field is preferred
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: China;BeiJing;Beijing;
Apply on company website