Role Summary: This role will support the GE Renewables (across the portfiolio of technologies) in identifying, structuring and executing co-development / development opportunities and strategic partnerships / platforms with developers and investors that support the pull through of GE equipment and services while creating incremental value add for the Customers and GE.
- Originate/source new co development and development opportunities across the region consistent with and supporting GE Renewables strategic plans.
- Lead project(s) due diligence and partner joint development agreement negotiations.
- Structure strategic partnerships with developers and investors to maximize equipment pull through, development returns and customer value while creating opportunities to drive new business models.
- Champion screened deals within organization while accurately communicating critical elements of deal progress, economics and risks to leadership team throughout approval process.
- Lead/participate in project-related contract negotiations, including PPAs, BOP, land lease and grid interconnection agreements if required as well as financing of the projects (in collaboration with EFS as required).
- Formulate and implement project development plans and manage development budgets within the JV strategy and business plan.
- Maintain partnership responsibility and manage risks on the projects.
- Serve as an advisor to customers, GE's local sales teams and GE's local finance teams on all aspects of development across the region.
- Ensure coordination of all deals through internal processes and stakeholders.
- Perform financial pro-forma evaluation of projects.
- Originate and structure offtake agreements.
- Min. Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge or experience;
- MBA or Masters in Finance an advantage;
- Proven experience in an infrastructure development or private equity environment, including deal structuring/execution of complex financial products, strategic alliance negotiation experience and/or capital markets exposure with proven energy industry experience;
- Proven track record of evaluating and executing development/private equity deals in the energy industry;
- Experience evaluating and negotiating legal documentation;
- Experience of the energy markets – ability to originate and structure PPAs of string advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent knowledge or experience;
- An engineering or energy related degree with financial services experience may be considered or equivalent knowledge or experience;
- MBA or CFA or equivalent knowledge or experience;
A strong and independent originator and collaborator with significant examples of proven successful deal origination and success in execution;
- Established client network across sector/industry;
- Skilled communicator who can influence a wide audience via balanced approach to deals and a clear understanding/presentation of risks;
- Ability to solicit interest and champion unique approaches/original solutions, think outside the box and formulate those ideas into a transactional & strategy and build concrete executable transactions;
- Proven ability to build/maintain strong relationships (internally and externally) while coordinating multiple tasks/priorities;
- Languages: Spanish, English, Portugese - additional languages of advantag;
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: Brazil, Chile;
Apply on company website