Role Summary: The Controls Engineer will develop propulsion technologies to provide substantial improvements in performance, thermal management, power off-take, and PHM. Focus will be on identification and evaluation of advanced concepts, maturation of selected technologies, and application to advanced engines. Key outcomes include continued customer funding for maturation efforts and game-changing controls technologies so our new product offerings are the compelling choice.
Essential Responsibilities: In the role of Controls Engineer, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives , and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals. You will learn and develop selected technologies and may partner with contractors, GRC, non-Controls contributors, and experienced Controls personnel.
In addition, as a Controls Engineer, you will:
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security clearance
- Existing security clearance
2 years of direct or co-op experience in an engineering position
- Experience with requirements documentation
- Familiarity with Model Based Design and SCADA or Matlab / Simulink
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Additional Locations: United States;Ohio;Evendale;
Apply on company website