Role Summary: The Director of Clinical Engineering (DCE) will drive overall client satisfaction based on consistent delivery of a total GE Healthcare solution. This position is responsible for providing the client with a single point of contact for all service operations, developing a strategy to ensure client retention and growth through close interaction with the commercial sales teams and furthering GEHC's asset management objectives.
Essential Responsibilities: • Provide direction to team to meet/exceed contractual obligations, including inventory
management, with focus on Biomedical and Imaging Equipment Service.
• Lead account compliance effort (PM Compliance, Open Case Management, Field Modification Instruction, EOL, etc.) communication and insure that Biomed Goals & Objectives are met.
• Work with the GEHC businesses and account management team to ensure clear communication throughout the enterprise – Manage customer escalations.
• Participate in committee meetings (Value Analysis, Critical Care, etc.)
• Deliver value through creation of a client lifecycle strategy and annual operating rhythm that
incorporates maintenance, inventory management, asset utilization and capital planning.
• Drive partnership with customer through maintaining director and executive level relationships, reviewing reports and facilitating meetings that focus on GE's recommendations/solutions to improve hospital operations.
• Function as a single point of contact for the hospital/system to drive timely resolution of equipment service issues.
• Work directly with the Clinical Engineering team to insure service quality with frequent customer contact and participate in formal Clinical Engineering quality reviews.
• Assure technical competency validation on Clinical Engineering Staff.
• Assist in recruiting as needed and drive hospital biomed staff productivity.
• Together with site directors, maintain approved parts inventory, manage vendor service delivery processes in compliance with GE and customer policies
• Data mine key account metrics – Understand, analyze and translate/present message to internal and external customers concisely.
• Manage monthly customer invoice and credits.
• Clinical Engineering budget ownership and operational expense approvals.
• Ensure timely service contract renewals and warranty conversions (imaging equipment)
• Ensure timely service request dispatch closure.
• Meet appropriate customer site Environment Health and Safety requirements.
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
• Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
• Participate in regulatory agency inspections.
• Aid sales processes to drive growth.
Qualifications/Requirements: 1. Bachelor's degree and two years of leadership, project/program management, and/or service operations experience; or equivalent (defined as High School Diploma/GED and four years of relevant experience with leadership and technical support).
2. Proven experience leading a team, managing customer relationships, and/or managing a P&L or comparable business unit.
3. Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet objectives
4. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
5. Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical and business issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
6. Demonstrated ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
7. Must have a valid driver's license.
Desired Characteristics: • Strong business acumen (i.e. knowledge of healthcare service lines, Profit & Loss centers,
balance sheets, capital & operational planning)
• Experience working in the Healthcare industry including interaction with hospital administration
(i.e. account management, relationship-building experience)
• Experience in client-facing role such as consulting, project management, or process
improvement (Six Sigma/ LEAN) while serving as advocate for client's needs
• GE Healthcare Services experience (Clinical Services/Biomed, Radiology, Cardiology, Life
Support Systems, Monitoring, Ultrasound, Information Technology)
• Experience working in a highly-matrixed environment, effectively influencing and persuading
others to achieve GEHC goals defined in client growth strategy
• Experience anticipating challenges or roadblocks and successfully mitigating those risks while
achieving desired outcomes for client and GEHC
• Experience maintaining flexible approach when faced with business or client course corrections (i.e. client cost-out initiatives, industry economic conditions, healthcare reform legislation, etc.)
• Ability to coach and develop staff.
• Change agent and process oriented.
• Previous experience as a Biomedical Director, including Biomedical experience / training is desired or may have held comparable related position.
• Previous experience managing financial and administrative requirements of the position. Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Additional Locations: United States;New York;
Apply on company website