Role Summary: This role is the Site Leader for GE Evergreen Engine Services, the Joint Venture Overhaul Business between GE Aviation Engine Services & Evergreen Aviation Technologies Corp. in Taiwan. The site has ~600 full time employees working on overhaul & testing engines. The Plant Manager directs functional areas of the JV, leads business strategy, translates concepts, & implements change, working cross functionally on business/cultural development to ensure the success of this joint venture.
The Plant Manager will perform the daily operations of plants to ensure reliability and consistency on the production line includes Service Shops. Seasoned and deep understanding of concepts, approaches and methodology used. Deep expertise on the level of a technological field.
In addition, you will:
- Build a compliance program based on GE Integrity program and ensure assigned employees are aware / comply with all GE, government, customer and applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Establish a Health & Safety program for the business based on the GE EHS Framework and ensure assigned employees, visitors, suppliers and contractors comply with applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Be responsible for meeting all established cost, quality and delivery commitments for engine overhaul and test operations. Ensuring all necessary Business performance reports and data are made available to the Board of Directors for Business Performance reviews, Board and Share Holder Meetings.
- Deploying GE Aviation Production system for shop operational management and development and action against a long term strategic action plans. Establishing capacity and resource planning rhythms to ensure necessary resources exist in line with projected demand profiles.
- Develop and execute a Digital strategy ensuring all shop operational performance data is linked with wider ATMRO and Services digital strategy. Be responsible for deploying cost targets, building team focused on cost evaluation and driving continuous projects and works cope focus to control shop visit cost.
- Provide ongoing supervision and counselling for employees, guiding them in current positions and assisting with career development and training.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in a manufacturing leadership position.
- Prior experience of operating at a manufacturing Site Leadership level. Significant years of experience in a manufacturing leadership position within the Aerospace industry.
- Broad aviation industry knowledge of customers, partners, products, services and competitors.
- Deep supply chain and operational acumen.
- Strong internal and external customer relationship skills.
- Strong leadership skills, a culture shaper.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; fluent in English speaking and writing; mandarin speaking will be a plus.
- Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as Lean & Six Sigma, Production and Inventory Control, Standard Cost Systems and Bargaining Agreement Procedures is preferred.
- Prior experience in manufacturing policies and regulations established by GE as well as government and commercial customers is preferred.
- Manufacturing experience in the aviation industry, preferably aftermarket and/or jet engine e /propulsion systems.
- Experience of operating in a Joint Venture operational environment.
- Depth in Shop Operations, manufacturing engineering, quality, materials, sourcing & Environmental Health and Safety.
- Supply Chain experience in multiple business cycles.
- Customer facing experience.
- Global leadership experience
About Us: At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Additional Locations: Taiwan, Province of China;Taoyuan City;
Apply on company website