Role Summary: To further consolidate and strengthen our GE Renewable Energy Wind turbine service and maintenance teams in Edinburgh. We are looking for qualified, highly motivated and committed Field Technicians.
Essential Responsibilities: Ability to work independently on the implementation of fault analyses and repair of wind turbine generator systems, including clarification of any client queries.
• Complete planned and preventive maintenance of wind turbine generator systems on scheduled time and safely.
• Log fault finding and repair work in service reports and checklists.
• Work along side external and internal service providers and contractors on site.
• Liaise with client for technical queries and safety concerns.
• Working closely with Management to achieve key KPI's
Qualifications/Requirements: • Ideally Wind Turbine Technician OR have Electrical/ mechanical or technical experience having worked in a servicing/repair/maintenance/ preventative maintenance type job.
• Trade Qualifications advantageous
• Familiar with MS-Office operating system/PLC's
• Excellent fault finding combined with the ability to detect and remedy faults, defects, problems.
• Able to work at heights and high level of physical fitness.
• Structured worker, being able to work to GE processes
• Fluency in English language
• Able to support an on call rota
• Class B driving license
About Us: About Us :
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth's most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world's biggest economies and the most remote communities. With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world. We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it . Together with our customers, we're proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy. We are unleashing limitless energy.
Follow us at www.ge.com/renewableenergy or on twitter @GErenewables.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog. Additional Locations: United Kingdom;Glasgow;
Apply on company website