Role Summary: Within the PGS Global Projects Americas team, the Lead Project Engineering Manager will be under the operational responsibility of the Project Engineering Leader, located in Schenectady, New York. You will execute the engineering portion of OTR contracts that contain Balance of Plant (BOP) scope.
Essential Responsibilities: Your main activities will be:
- Own the execution of BOP-scoped Projects from Contract signature until the end of GE contractual obligations.
- Manage a cross functional Engineering team to master of the risks and opportunities of his contract.
- Providing technical guidance and assistance to Project Management, & GE's internal engineering teams.
- Reviewing Customer specifications and communicating contract and project requirements to all design functions, utilizing internal documentation systems.
- Evaluating financial/schedule impact of Customer requested scope changes.
- Anticipate and Act to match with contractual or Regulatory requirements.
- Monitor your Project with indicators in place, and alert project team when required.
- Providing technical support to Engineering, Sourcing, Vendors and Installation teams to ensure equipment meets all Customer requirements and business objectives.
- Enforce quality procedures and participate in their improvement.
- Control budget allocated to the project and explain the gaps.
- Assure the experience feedback by capturing issues (Lessons Learned).
- Participate in process improvement.
- Contributing to the preparation of reports and other presentation required for customer and internal communication.
- Own Engineering consistency through all Engineers.
- Your main objectives will be:
- Respect of the contractual obligations while protecting the customer satisfaction.
- Assure the best management of technical risks and schedule of the project.
- Bring the best profitability according to the assigned budgets.
- Lead the global cohesion of execution within Customer Fulfillment and within the Partner.
- Work in a matrix organization with numerous interfaces:
- An environment
strongly computerized with numerous processes of execution to be assimilated and mastered.
- Serve as Lead Project Engineer, when assigned, to lead and facilitate a total project solution across product lines: oGlobal technical project focal point… partner with project manager for customer/EPC meetings, etc. oDrive consistent project requirement flow down across product lines (GT/ST/Gen/BOP) (Contractual/compliance) oDrive–functional resolution to technical project issues from a system level across product lines oRespect of the contractual obligations while protecting the customer satisfaction oManagement of technical risks of the project oDrive project profitability according to the assigned budgets
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 15 years experience with increasing responsibilities
- Job will require some travel, within the US and potentially Latin America
- Good internal or external interpersonal skills with Customers and Partners
- Spirit of decision with leadership
- Demonstrates creativity and problem-solving capability
- Willingness/ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent communication and capacity of teamwork
- Motivated and able to motivate others
- Has a continuous improvement mind set
- Demonstrates customer interface experience
- Demonstration and adherence to GE values
- Technical superior training with experience in project/team management preferred, in the field of the energy or in the management of
- Demonstrates of knowledge of Mechanical & electrical codes and compliance. •Experience and/or knowledge of Power Plant design, engineering, manufacture, assembly, installation, and/or testing
- Demonstrates knowledge of Turbo machinery, generator, electrical, controls and/or Power Plant Accessory Systems and equipment
- Spirit of synthesis and analysis for fast decision-making
- Expertise in one of the disciplines (Mechanical/ Electrical / Process)
- Working knowledge of power plant equipment •Working knowledge thermodynamics of the steam cycle of a combined cycle power plant
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @gecareers
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Additional Locations: United States;New York;Schenectady;
Apply on company website