Role Summary: Performs a series of steps in the manufacturing process of electronic assembly, which are assembled in accordance with military specifications; ability to work various jobs within home department.
Essential Responsibilities: 1. Performs assembly steps, with little or no assistance to, PC board assembly and soldering, chassis wiring and soldering, mechanical assembly, and inspection
2. Follows operation sheets, engineering drawings and engineering change orders in completion of the assembly tasks
3. Exercises care to ensure that each step in the process is completed correctly and that the part or finished product meets the quality specifications
4. Maintains records as required to charge direct labor time to specific product amounts
5. Performs duties using a variety of small hand tools and related production equipment
6. Provides training and mentoring for other employees as required
7. Performs other routine operations within fairly similar situations as required
8. Provides written and/or oral communications concerning a variety of situations
9. Keeps workstation, tools and equipment in a neat and orderly manner
10. Understands and complies with all Company, safety rules and regulations
11. Engages and participates in a self – directed teaming environment
o High School Diploma or GED
o IPC-A-610 Certification
o J-STD-001 Certification
o 1-3 years of manufacturing experience
Skill Level Required:
o Skills required in handling basic or simple tools and/or measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, radius gauges, etc.
o Basic computer skills
o Skills required in simple mathematical counting
o Skills requiring the basic ability to interpret drawings, operations sheets and perform in process inspections
o Should possess dexterity skills, good hand & eye coordination
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Desired Characteristics: Desired Qualifications:
Past experience in a manufacturing environment
Past experience in a self-directed teaming environment
Lean manufacturing knowledge
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment. Additional Locations: United States;New York;Bohemia, Ronkonkoma, Suffolk County, Islip;
Apply on company website