Role Summary: BHGE Field Service Engineers are a vital link providing power to the world. They lead the installation, maintenance and start-up of a board range of equipment @ Customers' site. BHGE Field Service Engineers before acting as a technical competent person has to be a role model in embracing a culture of HSE (Health, Safety, Environmental), Quality and Compliance pillars to be always promoted worldwide.
Essential Responsibilities: As a BHGE Field Service Engineer you will represent GE both technically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and started properly. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing on-site technical direction to skilled labor during Gas Turbines Installation, Maintenance and Commissioning activities on Customer Owned Sites in remote Oilfields, Industrial Facilities and LNG Plant
- Leading Installation, Maintenance, Commissioning Site Activities with proper Customer/Company Schedule Targets Mindset following strictly Quality and HSE Rules
- Utilizing Problem Solving Skills, Engineering Instructions, Drawings, and Process Instructions during Gas Turbines Commissioning and Start-up Activities - Possessing the Technical Capability to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for Gas Turbines Products
- Preparation of job-planning documents based to Assignment's Scope of Work (Installation, Upgrade, Outage)
- Communicating effectively with Service / Installation / Project Managers and Site Leaders/Site
manager on job planning and execution and with Resource Directors regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
- Providing input for Daily Outage and Weekly Installation Reports
- Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for Customer records and as Reference for future Outages
- Actively participate to customer and/or contractor meeting and be promoter on their recurrence and following action plan
- Establish through the immediate Report after the Daily HSE Tool Box Talking (mandatory for GE O&G/Contractor personnel) the critical activity tasks and remark any HSE aspect to be followed
- Have knowledge of all Quality procedures and documentation applicable to specific activities and ensure they are properly followed and updated
- Ensure that Red Flag Review process for New Units Installation is followed and applied
- Ensure Site Quality Check List/Job Cards/Field Procedure are followed and properly signed
- Ensure reports and drawings “marked-up” are completed
- Ensure all RCA and Lesson Learned are addressed properly
- Ensure all Non-Conformity (technical and materials) are properly addressed using BHGE e-tools and follow up till resolution
- Ensure compliance with local/current legislation, requests & requirements present in the site Safety Manual
- Willing to actively participate in NPI (New product Introduction) training to acquire Multiskill
Qualifications/Requirements: - Engineering Degree/High School Technical Diploma or equivalent knowledge or work experience
- Significant work experience, preferably in the Energy or Oil & Gas industry
- Strong knowledge on Heavy Duty Gas Turbine (FR3, FR5, FR7, FR9) installation/maintenance philosophy
- Fluent oral and written English
- Strong customer service-orientation, and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Proven ability to work efficiently without direct supervision
- Health, Safety and Environmental mindset and compliance
- This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not less than 70%) without geographical restriction including offshore
- EU Work Permit
Desired Characteristics: - Bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred or equivalent knowledge or work experience
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
About Us: Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of BHGE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
BHGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
From reservoir to refinery, from the depths of the sea to the cloud. We are fullstream. Additional Locations: Italy;Florence;
Apply on company website