Role Summary: As an MR Clinical Scientist, you will distinguish yourself through MR research collaboration. In close partnership with London-area clinical and academic research partners - as well as GE Healthcare colleagues - you will be responsible for exploring, developing, and validating advanced MR imaging applications - ultimately driving their translation into product solutions.
- Leverage educational qualifications to develop and deliver new or improved MR applications
- Support MR research partners, with emphasis on key academic and clinical sites in the London area
- Advise colleagues in Product Marketing and Applications on new technical and clinical innovations which can be developed into new products
- Leverage expertise to move project initiatives forward
- Assist in writing research proposals, journal publications, and technical documents
- Participate in customer presentations and scanner demonstrations during commercial visits
- Ph.D. (or M.Sc. with equivalent experience) in Physics, Chemistry, Life Sciences, Computer Science, Biomedical/Electrical/Software Engineering, or related field or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Demonstrated record of innovation and development
- Strong English language, oral and written communication skills
- Can-do attitude. Flexible, intellectually curious, and able to work with cross-functional, global teams
- Quality, Compliance, and Continuous Improvement focus
- Willingness to travel 30% of time
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website .
- Significant experience in MR imaging research or closely related field
- Experience in a clinical environment (e.g. radiology or cardiology department)
- Experience pulse sequence modification and/or recon programming
- Programming experience in C/C++
- Experience with academic and/or clinical research collaborations
- Candidates with cardiac MR experience are especially welcome
About Us: GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.Additional Locations: United Kingdom;Field base, London area;
Apply on company website