Role Summary: The Operations Management Leadership Program accelerates development of entry-level talent and produces leaders capable of meeting the challenges of the Operations function at GE Renewable Energy. This is a 2-year program that allows participants to build leadership and functional skills through challenging rotational assignments and training. Through these job assignments and training, participants are involved in strategic initiatives while making significant contributions to the business.
- OMLP participants experience the entire supply chain, state of-the-art manufacturing methods, sourcing and logistics practices through structured course work and practical application.
- Coursework includes: Project Management, Negotiation Skills, Finance Essentials, Environmental Health and Safety, Supply Chain Management, and LEAN Manufacturing Operations.
- Participants are also certified in Six Sigma.
- GE's focus on process integration, from design through manufacturing to sales, has been critical to meeting our customers' expectations.
OMLP is designed to successfully integrate manufacturing with other key processes. Possible job rotations may include: leading a manufacturing team in the production of products; improving efficiency of supply chain management through LEAN/cost reduction; supervising suppliers to hone product quality and negotiate price.
- This combined experience positions OMLPs for accelerated career growth.
- BSc or M.S. degree with outstanding results (top 25% of class) in engineering or business management (purchasing, supply chain, operations, logistics majors are preferred)
and/or equivalent knowledge / experience
- Commitment to a career in supply chain/ services
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in engineering or manufacturing
- Rotation locations vary, thus candidate must be geographically mobile
- Fluent English and German language skills are mandatory, additional European language knowledge is an advantage
- Unrestricted work authorization for Switzerland and Europe is mandatory
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to coordinate many tasks concurrently
- Strong business acumen with the ability to motivate others
- Preference will be given to candidates with: a major in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: Switzerland;Oberentfelden;
Apply on company website