Role Summary: The Sr Project Manager is responsible for the execution and leadership of MES projects including resource planning, scheduling, implementation methodology, milestone delivery, project budget, customer interface, profitability and project accounting. Works closely with a cross section of GE Digital resources including sales, technology, finance, procurement, and business management, owns responsibility for successful project completion meeting both customer and GE Digital goals and expectations.
- Provides project leadership and oversight of MES solution implementations for customers of the Global Professional Services (GPS) business; requires frequent interaction with Product
Development Team, Commercial Team, Customers, Solution Providers (Integrators), and other cross-functional teams.
- Scope Management: Leads the project team in effectively controlling project scope of work, using tools for charter development, contract management, and change control.
- Planning and Scheduling: Assists in developing the project approach and leads the effort to model this approach in the project schedule. Ensures that high-quality integrated planning is performed for all facets of the project life cycle. Performs schedule analysis to establish work priorities, critical path planning, and risk management.
- Manage dynamic resource allocation, including contract consultants, to maximize effective utilization of resources, ensure project success, and deliver high quality solutions with effective billable utilization.
- Budgeting: Manages project budgets and allocation of cost to meet projected profitability commitments.
- Financial Management: Forecasts, manages, and delivers against project revenue/cost plan. Works closely with Operations and Finance teams to ensure accurate and transparent project financial accounting.
- Project Performance Management: Ensures that relevant cost, schedule, and technical performance metrics are instituted at all levels in the project.
- Project Reporting: Proactively tracks and reports on project progress against schedule, technical delivery milestones, and revenue commitments. Manages and reports on adjustments to scope, schedule, cost, and issues.
- Change Management: Drives scope control through formal change management methods. Assists the project team in defining, understanding, and maintaining scope. Assists in the preparation, submission and negotiation of change of scope proposals. Incorporates approved/negotiated changes into the project plan.
- Leverage processes to evaluate, capture, and apply best practices and lessons learned driving implementation cycle-time improvements.
- Coordinates and leads progress meetings with customer and business leadership.
- Effectively applies GE Digital execution methodology and enforces project standards.
- Minimizes GE Digital exposure and risk on project.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in engineering or computer science.
- Significant experiences in industrial software services functions, with minimum of 3 years in a project leadership
- Strong exposure to MES technologies, including automated data collection, visualization, quality
and efficiency in manufacturing, SCADA, automated decision control, workflow, database
applications, scheduling, and interface to ERP systems.
- Strong business acumen; able to fully understand the mission and scope of the business equation
- Demonstrated customer management skills.
- Strong spoken and written English language skills.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong skills in the use of software business tools (e.g. project management software,
spreadsheets, reporting packages, word processing and presentation software).
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
- Ability and availability to travel throughout the MENAT region up to 50%.
- Project Management - PMI PMP certification
- Exposure to enterprise-level large-scale applications.
- Masters degree in engineering discipline, computer science, MBA, or related field of study
- Experience working in an IT environment or organization.
- Six Sigma Training (Green Belt or Black Belt) and certification
About Us: At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
Join our online communities to find out more!
LinkedIn Company page
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.Additional Locations: Saudi Arabia;Riyadh;
Apply on company website