Role Summary: The SW Process Tools Leader is responsible to maintain all NAM ACS engineering and project management tools that are not managed by our Global GS team. Ensure all NAM ACS specific tools comply with Global GS business processes and GE IT procedures. Work with GE IT to maintain server access and licenses that host NAM ACS tools.
Essential Responsibilities: As the SW Process Tools Leader you will:
- Serve as System Administrator for NAM ACS engineering and project management tools Unifier, Bentley, AutoCAD, Blue Beam, GE proprietary VB code
- Coordinate business processes and tool functionality
- Develop designs to support business requirements and needs
- Ensure compliance of engineering and project management tools with organizational processes and procedures
- Manage license counts and renewals for NAM ACS engineering and project management tools
- Provide training and troubleshooting tool support to NAM ACS personnel
- Organize tool upgrades and roll outs
- Maintain existing VB code for GE developed interfaces and tools
- Serve as a liaison between NAM ACS and global Grid Solutions PMO for tools and business processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years Visual Basic experience
- Excellent personal computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Suite of tools
- Strong business acumen fully understands the mission and scope of business objectives
- Excellent influencing and facilitation skills
- Ability to work effectively cross functionally
- Ability to act as a change agent - Familiarity with CAP – Change Acceleration Processes
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Willingness to present ideas to stakeholders to generate buy-in and build credibility with engineering teams
- Must be willing and available to travel including internationally. Must be willing to comply with all relevant GE company travel and tax policies
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @gecareersAbout Us: GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth's most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world's biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we're proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
Visit www.gerenewableenergy.com for more information and follow @GErenewables on social media
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Additional Locations: United States;Illinois;Oakbrook Terrace;
Apply on company website