Role Summary: The SAP Key User for Manufacturing will support the SAP deployment in Schenectady throughout the project lifecycle to ensure quality excellence, reliability and consistency in shop operations. Candidate has comprehensive knowledge of underlying principles, approaches and methodology for manufacturing operations. Prior to Go-Live, you will partner with key stakeholders within the various production and support teams to ready the site for the data conversion from COPICS to SAP.
- Primary focus for areas for the Manufacturing Key User include: material planning, requisition creation, production order management,
- Learn the SAP PowerMax solution and become subject matter expert in areas of Manufacturing and material planning.
- Actively participate in all impact assessment workshops to assess, understand and document any process gaps.
- Support the project Organizational Change Management leader to develop and execute the business transformation / change management plan required to successfully implement SAP PowerMax.
- Support the preparation of functional specifications for configuration and approved JIRA stories / localizations.
- Mapping of existing and future processes in SAP PowerMax as required by the project team.
- Undertake any necessary action to ensure business continuity and smooth transition of the organization from current to “to-be” to future state in SAP PowerMax.
- Data cleansing & conversion lead for manufacturing data objects (i.e. materials, BoM's, routings, production orders, work centers, storage locations, etc). Includes data mapping and any cleansing required in the legacy systems to prepare for loading data into SAP PowerMax. Key User will sign off before and after each data load.
- Define and validate all reporting requirements to effectively run the business on SAP.
- Prepare test scripts and actively participate in all system and user acceptance testing.
- Review & refine end user procedures and training materials.
- Conduct training of end users during testing cycles as well as before and after go-live.
- Support cut-over tasks as outlined by deployment leader.
- Provide 1st level support to end users at go-live and during post go-live hyper care period.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in manufacturing.
- SAP or comparable ERP experience (COPICS, Oracle, etc.)
- Strong operational business process knowledge.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- BMS and PLM experience preferred.
- Knowledge of steam turbine quality control procedures, and plant CTQs
- Strong background in Manufacturing and material planning.
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment. Additional Locations: United States;New York;Schenectady;
Apply on company website