Role Summary: The Senior Financial Reporting Manager will report to the Executive, Financial Reporting within the Controllership function of GE Corporate Finance. The role is responsible for GE SEC and internal financial reporting activities as well as coordinating analysis with GE business units, Corporate FP&A, Treasury and review and present analysis to senior management.
- Partner with GE business units and cross-functional teams on internal and external reporting activities, variance analysis, and associated projects
- Analyze financial statement areas for internal/external reporting.
- Prepare and review footnote and MD&A disclosures for quarterly and annual SEC filings, as well as for the GE Annual Report
- Review and present disclosures along with analysis to senior management linking financial results to operational performance
Review quarterly press release and earnings presentation and assist in verification of GE 10-K and 10-Q
- Manage financial reporting implementations of disclosure process for new accounting pronouncements.
- Liaise with Technical Accounting CoE
Drive simplification projects by taking ownership of key processes and offering solutions to automate or improve analysis
- Assist investor relations in providing responses to and support for investor inquiries or in preparation of investor meetings
- Coordinate Corporate Staff Audits related to disclosures, financial reporting areas
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Controller ship, financial reporting and analysis, and accounting per generally accepted accounting principles
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Accounting or Finance
Prior experience in process management
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Knowledge of financial reporting and generally accepted accounting principles
CPA, MBA or equivalent designation
- Ability to lead and motivate teams across the business to achieve unified results
- Ability to analyze financial data, results, draw conclusions, and develop actionable operational and strategic recommendation
- Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects and work effectively under strict time constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to effectively interact with all levels of management and across functions
- Knowledge and experience with ledger-based reporting systems (e.g., Hyperion Planning, HFM)
Experience in public accounting or in a global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transnational flows
- Clear thinking and problem solving to drive projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions
Results oriented, able to set and meet aggressive targets with appropriate prioritization of tasks, high energy level
Strong organizational skills
- Strong PC skills specifically Excel and PowerPoint
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral
to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries and around the world. It's how we've
sustained a 130-year record of innovation and reputation for leadership. It's how we solve the toughest challenges for
our customers and society. Developing people allows us the build, power, move and cure. It prepares us all for the
future. Today, that is as important as ever. Globalization and technology are converging with unprecedented speed
to reshape every job, workplace and industry. Our commitment to developing people starts with a belief that
education systems must align early and always with the changing requirements of the new economy. It continues
with the understanding that employers and educational institutions must collaborate over skills development,
enabling people to learn new, relevant skills and work smarter over the entire course of a career. And it creates
global leaders, people who can navigate the complexity of our times with clarity, courage and integrity. Developing
people is commitment that doesn't just make us better; it makes everyone better. Let GE invest in helping you grow
both personally and professionally.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Additional Locations: United States;Connecticut;Norwalk;
Apply on company website