Role Summary: The Finance Manager is a critical position on the West Jefferson site leadership team. This position requires a deep level of financial expertise and an ability to partner with operational leadership to achieve results. The Finance Manager drives optimal performance of safety, delivery, quality, cash, and profitability at the site and contributes to overall Supply Chain performance.
- Ensure compliance to GAAP and GE policy to ensure reporting integrity, safeguard company assets, and identify risks
- Own all site finance activities, including financial planning, forecasting, variance analysis, month-end closing activities, and routine and ad-hoc analytics
- Own P&L and balance sheet activities, with a focus on cost, inventory, and P&E
- This includes part cost analysis and tracking, monitoring cost accounting, inventory controls, COGS reporting, functional costs, productivity, P&E, etc.
- Provide proactive / unsolicited guidance, interpretation, and education of complex financial and operational matters to functional and site leadership to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with Plant Manager and site leadership to explain results, make improvements, manage projects, identify inefficiencies, understand operations, and drive lean transformation
- Work across organizational and site functions to achieve site objectives
- Communicate solutions across own function with impact on other functions
- Lead sub-business or regional teams working on strategic functional initiatives
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- 5 years of experience in Finance
- Strong cost accounting experience
- Detailed financial planning, reporting, and variance analysis experience
- Ability to balance recurring and ad-hoc requests from site and function
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems
- Prior experience working at a manufacturing site or in a centralized cost role
- Inclusive with the ability to build a connection with the site through personal involvement and trust
- Expert proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website