Role Summary: This position provides mechanical engineering design for ultrasound probes components and subsystems. The position works to identify and execute strategic quality engineering efforts in addition to driving cross-functional engagement of quality project initiatives. This role requires the interaction with other service and design engineering teams in order to ensure the product quality goals set forth by the business.
Essential Responsibilities: Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
• Leading design visualization efforts with 3D CAD models and essential component and assembly details to explore multiple design options.
• Developing innovative designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability.
• Leading quality-engineering projects that provide imaginative solutions to engineering and customer issues.
• Developing and maintaining mechanical subsystem quality and engineering project funnel
• Providing guidance and requirements to new product development teams in order to improve quality of new releases.
• Supervision of employees and resource contractors.
• Verifying product sub-system reliability performance.
• Conducting analysis of installed base and new product reliability using FMEA, Weibull Analysis and DFR tools.
• Ensure reliability, performance and delivery through supplier relationships.
• Act as activity leader of department activities within a project. (Time-plan, resource need, status reports, monitor costs, resource usage, technology requirements and solutions etc)
• Technology management within assigned field. (internal and external). To initiate development of new technologies.
• Accountable to choose design concepts and solutions, components, tools and methods.
• Participate as expert in design reviews.
• Within the job competence cover possible ITR and patents.
• Maintain and develop competence required for the job.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
5. Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
• B.S. in Material and Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or comparable engineering field.
• 5 years relative work experience in the areas of Injected molded plastic design, sheet metal design, mechanisms, cables & harnesses, labeling, and packaging.
• Knowledgeable in using lab equipment to test physical or mechanical properties of materials for building transducers.
• Expertise in 2D/3D mechanical CAD. (AutoCAD and CREO)
• Strong analytical and empirical skills to solve difficult problems including proficiency with Design of Experiments and Statistical Process Control methodology.
• Creativity in defining new processes and successfully implementing them.
• A strong leader and self-starter with ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Good level of Japanese and English (Writing and Oral) required.
• Master's Degree in Material and Mechanical Engineering
• Expertise in the field of chemistry related to the adhesion between dissimilar materials and a fundamental understanding of cleaning, surface preparation, and plating methodologies.
• Expertise in the field of flexible circuit manufacturing processes, assembly technologies, solder processes, and electronics packaging.
• Expertise in the field of material acoustic properties and material acoustic properties measurement.
• Expertise in the MatLAB, PLM (Windchill) and ANSYS.
• Six Sigma green belt or black-belt certification.
• Communication skills in Chinese (Writing and Oral)
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: Japan;Hino;
Apply on company website