Role Summary: The Sr Operations Research Scientist will work in teams addressing statistical and data understanding problems in a commercial technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, you will contribute to the development, testing and deployment of operational research methods for creating optimization engine in large data sets.
Essential Responsibilities: As a Sr Operations Research Scientist, you will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. Potential application areas include industrial sectors, and operations optimization.
In this role, you will:
• Conceptualize, design, implement and maintain optimization algorithms.
• Collaborate with partners to identify relevant industry problems.
• Define next generation problems arising in aviation.
• Evaluate available data and existing methodologies.
• Propose creative solutions to large-scale and often ill-defined problems.
• Participate in implementation, test and evaluation of solution methodologies.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field such as Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or related engineering degree OR minimum 5 years of industry or research experience OR a Master's Degree or PhD with 0 - 3 years of industry or research experience.
• Advanced degree in a quantitative field (i.e. Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or related Engineering degree)
• Creative problem-solving skills and able to work with multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to work directly with current and prospective clients.
• Exposure to large and dynamic problems.
• 5 years building models and developing algorithms for mathematical programming.
• 3 years researching and building optimization-based solutions.
• 2 - 4 years in object-oriented programming (C++ preferred, including STL).
• 2+ years exposure to production software and software engineering profiling and memory management tools.
• Demonstrated awareness of data management methods
• Demonstrated awareness of real-time analytics development and deployment
Desired Characteristics: • Demonstrated awareness of industry and technology trends in one or more sectors where GE operates.
• Demonstrated awareness of customer and stakeholder management and business metrics.
• Demonstrated skill at function in a team setting.
• Demonstrated awareness of critical thinking and problem-solving methods.
• Demonstrated awareness of presentation and influencing skills.
• Demonstrated awareness of how to succeed in ambiguous circumstances .
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: Turkey;Gebze;
Apply on company website