Role Summary: Responsible for wing-to-wing execution of technical projects to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and external customers.
Essential Responsibilities: All GE employees may be considered for this role. Candidates should note that this role will be in scope for the proposed transition of GE Biopharma to Danaher and will transfer to Danaher at close of this transaction.
• Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities.
• Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications or operating system updates.
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure that application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
• Communicate all key project plans, commitments and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule and scope changes.
• Manage risks in the release, coordinate contingency and mitigation plans.
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone reviews and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
• Communicate release details and schedules to Business as required.
• Work with Configuration Manager to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
• Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
• Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
• Lead and coordinate Cutover activities, including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Release or Project Manager.
• Solid understanding of Project Management principles.
• Technical background. Minimum 5 years of experience in system analysis or development.
• Formal training in project management is a plus.
• Experience managing projects in Scrum and other Agile methodologies.
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
• Experience working with Jira is a plus.
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
• Experience working in geographically distributed teams.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Fluent English written and spoken.
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com Additional Locations: Poland;Krakow, Warsaw;
Apply on company website