Role Summary: This position will lead in the areas of applications management, incorporating process improvements to deliver brilliant manufacturing solutions to establish operational excellence for the CMC site in Newark, DE. In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for project management and end-to-end solution design / delivery of key Aviation and Digital initiatives that intersect with processes and solutions across various functions using GE Digital applications and analytic tools.
The successful candidate will possess a unique blending of hands on technical capabilities with the organizational skills of a project leader possessing excellent communication and influencing capabilities.
Additionally, In this role, you will:
- Interpret program strategy & translate into actionable activities at a site level
- Build deep software and technology expertise across the Brilliant Plant suite of solutions and Aviation Digital Technology (e.g. Cimplicity, PlantApps, Oracle, etc.) to support end-users
- Define requirements, create functional specifications, design, build and implement applications that meet the needs of various stakeholders
- Develop and manage project plans that ensure cross functional engagement
- Influence others to drive technology adoption and ensure end user engagement in program requirements and execution
- Create Documentation and provide training on existing applications and new solutions.
- Demonstrate skills in collaborating with different stakeholders, influencing decisions and an ability to take strategic view
- Navigate through ambiguity, prioritize conflicting asks and show ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Create a culture of customer focus and high performance to drive innovation through continuous customer engagement to facilitate appropriate application upgrades and enhancements
- Partner with CMC IPT to leverage commonalty between other CMC sites to effectively drive change
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Information Technology).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in business analysis, ERP implementations, and/or application / BI development
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable)
- Strong project management skills with proven track record of successful application delivery
- Hands-on experience with at least one major ERP platform (Oracle, SAP)
- Hands-on experience with at least one major BI platform (Business Objects, Cognos, OBIEE) as well as familiarity with emerging data analytics tools (Spotfire, Tableau)
- Hands-on experience with SQL in business, manufacturing, and machine analytics
- Experience with RDBMS and Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience with ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools
- Experience with report development, application implementation and operations experience in a manufacturing realm
- Knowledge of requirements, design, build and test phases of Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC) methodologies i.e. waterfall, agile
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (including formal documentation) as well as strong presentation and collaboration skills
- Ability to influence others, deliver value proposition, and lead small teams
#LI-GF1About Us: At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment. Additional Locations: United States;Delaware;Newark;
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website