Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Manufacturing, Engineering, Aerospace
Email me to apply later
Essential Responsibilities: As an HVAC Technician you will:
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair complex central heating, ventilating, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems utilizing available manuals, drawings, diagrams, etc.
- Diagnosis and troubleshoot HVAC control systems including pneumatic, electronic, and direct digital control systems.
- Develop and interpret sequence of operations to ensure continued operation of complex HVAC equipment and systems.
- Measure, balance, and calculate airflow rates, static pressures, and velocities for air handling and exhaust systems
- Measure and balance fluid velocities and flow rates in piping systems
- Functionally test building control and life safety system operations, including: Digital and analogue control set points, valve and damper operators, freeze stats, smoke detectors, temperature and pressure detectors, variable drives. Systems include all pneumatics, low voltage and 120V components.
- Program modifications to system controllers, including: building automation system components, life safety systems, VFD's and PLC's.
- Provide accurate and detailed instruction to hourly personnel regarding diagnosing and troubleshooting HVAC systems.
- Complete job assignments with minimal instructions.
- Communicates issues to management.
- Provide technical HVAC support for new system installations and system commissioning.
- At least 5 years industrial or institutional experience, or 7 or more years of experience with industrial HVAC.
- Ability to read and interpret building drawings, schematics, and related technical documents as well as translate verbal instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds repeatedly, carry and work from elevated places accessible by ladders, platforms, lifts, etc.
- Must have valid NYS drivers license.
- Ability to work overtime as needed to meet business commitments.
- Unrestricted work authorization in the U.S. is required.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment at www.ge.com/careers to be considered.
- Pass certification as required by 40CFR Part 82, Sub Part F (E.P.A. Refrigerant Transition and Recovery—Universal).
- Associates degree in HVAC Technical Services, Mechanical Engineering or similar certification/training
- Experience with building automation and life safety systems
- Familiarity with various PLC vendors, Honeywell building automation and life safety systems, and Automated Logic building automation systems
- Good communication skills.
- Good working knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team
- Experience working in a contract labor environment
- Interest in career growth
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Additional Locations: United States;New York;Niskayuna;
Apply on company website