Role Summary: The Wind Project & Services Site Manager will develop practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. In this role, you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize your experience and / or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and effect short-term and long-term business goals.
Essential Responsibilities: The Project & Services Site Manage will be directly responsible for site operations on projects and services sites, including site management, technical advisory services, Field execution performance [i.e., quality, schedule, EHS (Environmental Health & Safety), cost], and customer Net Promoter Score (NPS). This will be inclusive of the proposal phase through installation, commissioning, final acceptance and services site operations on assigned extended scope projects.
As the Wind Project & Services Site Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for developing field execution strategies, site staffing estimates, customer / constructor meetings and tender documents
- Oversee the subcontracting process, pre-qualifications, commercial structure, bid packages, and negotiation through final award
- Oversee long term assignments at a designated services contract, including operating plans, contractual obligations, employee management and all other site needs
- Utilize expertise in overall field operations
- Ensure process discipline on site and assign site teams based on project and service requirements to ensure contract requirements are met
- Monitor project performance in all areas including cost, schedule, technical advisory services, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), and quality during execution
- Participate in development of services site Operating Plan
- Manage services site financial performance to the Operating Plan and TCI cost metrics
- Identify performance issues to resolve issues and ensure the project and services site success
- Use lean and digitization tools to drive optimum process discipline
- Serve as Customer focal point on project sites and services sites
- Manage GE subcontractors or partner contract to ensure success
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited university or college (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of business or engineering experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in business management, engineering and/or in the wind energy construction and operations fields
- Ability and willingness to maintain a valid driver's license
- Ability and willingness to maintain a valid passport
- Ability and willingness to be assigned to a long-term (12-24 months) assignment based on business need
- Fluency in English language
- GE Leadership Development program graduate of PMDP (Project Management Development Program), PMLP (Project Management Leadership Program), OMLP (Operations Management Leadership Program), JOLP (Junior Officer Leadership Program), RELP (Renewable Energy Leadership Program) or equivalent program
- Demonstrated leadership in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills which has resulted in success
- Solid technical background, project management, and services experience, specifically with multiple NPI (New Product Introduction) programs to be validated
- Ability to work within a matrix organization, work well in a team environment, and demonstrate boundaryless team building skills
- Construction subcontracting and contract administration experience
- Power plant technical experience with basic overall power plant experience in installation and commissioning
- Ability to manage multiple complicated tasks
- Strong process and digitization skills
- Experience both working internationally and/or with an international team
- Direct hire labor experience
- Experience with GPO (Global Parts Organization) processes
- Six Sigma skills or equivalent quality skills
- Technical advisory process and execution experience
- High energy level and a self-starter
- Technical knowledge of product lines and associated systems
- Microsoft suite proficiency
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leaderships skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @gecareers
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we're proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website