Role Summary: The Wind Site Manager for the Mehoopany Wind Farm in Forkson, PA will direct all wind farm operations for maintenance and repair. You will focus on performance and profitability within the framework of the operating plan. In this role, you will develop strategy for improved maintenance, diagnostic and operation to provide additional customer value and reduce cost of service.
Essential Responsibilities: As the Wind Site Manager at the Mehoopany Wind Farm, you will:
- Direct all Wind farm operations at the site for maintenance and repair, focusing on performance and profitability and within the framework of the Operating Plan
- Develop strategy for improved maintenance diagnostic and operation to provide additional customer value and reduce cost of service
- Direct the performance of Wind Field Operation within assigned contractual scope of responsibilities to customers
- Present a positive professional face of GE in the community and with the customer
- Recruit, develop, retain and manage personnel resources at sites driving professional standards and matrix development of personnel
- Demonstrate responsibility for all phases of timely financial reporting, elimination of contractual liquid damages, and availability of turbines
- Integrate the operations perspective into all job proposal initiatives with the elimination of liquid damages and new revenue streams
- Work closely with internal GE users to develop and implement Operation focused feedback for configuration, planned and unplanned maintenance, and financials
- Implement Operation Safety Policy Instructions, conduct field work in compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) applicable regulations and encourage good employee safety practices
- Participate and Lead Business Lean Six Sigma process
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a field services role)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a field services managerial role
- Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid driver's license and willingness to submit to a check of driving record
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment and within all levels of the organization
- Executive presentation skills
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Previous managerial experience with field operations or as a Wind Site Manager
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent quality certification
- Wind turbine or rotating equipment experience
- Experience with field service technology and processes
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, communication protocols and WEB technology
- Proven record of P&L (Profit & Loss) responsibilities and direct report experience of 5 employees
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to thrive in cross functional and team environments
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to work as a team
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power and more recently turbine blades, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 55 countries, GE Renewable Energy is backed by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. Our goal is to demonstrate to the rest of the world that nobody should ever have to choose between affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy.
Follow us at www.ge.com/renewableenergy or on twitter @GErenewables
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Additional Locations: United States;Pennsylvania;Forkston, Other;
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website