$62,000-$65,000 a year Ready to make an impact? If so, read on! Job Duties & Responsibilities
Do you enjoy programming and application development? Looking for an opportunity to help drive GEICO's business decisions through applications and data? We are seeking a highly motivated Software Developer to join our Decision Support Systems team to provide applications and data support for our business teams to make a difference!
As a Software Developer in our Underwriting, Reserving and Control Department you will work with a variety of applications and programming languages to support key business decisions. Our main focus is on developing and maintaining a number of in house applications primarily designed to support business analytics. The tools we routinely use include SAS, SQL Server, SSRS, Visual Studio .NET, and C#. As one of our team members you will be responsible for looking into ways to streamline processes through the effective application of technology.
Our team works closely with business analysts and predictive modelers in the design, development, testing, and maintenance of our applications, systems and reports. You'll have the opportunity to develop new code and applications which are responsible for driving business decisions. This is a great opportunity to have an immediate, visible impact on the business, and to learn the skills required by the industry and technological world!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- At least a 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language
- SAS, T-SQL, C# experience highly desired
- A thorough understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies and programming languages
- Self-taught in programming languages a plus
Apply on company website