Job Description GEICO seeks an experienced Legal Secretary to join the GEICO Staff Counsel office in Tampa, FL. Successful candidate will assist attorneys in defending civil litigation matters.
Responsibilities will include:
* Under general supervision, performs a variety of legal secretarial, stenographic, typing and clerical functions for Staff Counsel Attorneys.
* Preparing pleadings, discovery, motions, notices, jury demands and correspondence of non-dictated nature on forms via PC in Team Connect.
* Filing court documents and monitoring case dockets.
* Office administration duties, such as scheduling, maintaining the office calendar, file organization, diary entries, and gathering case-related records.
* Communicating with GEICO clients, customers and the Claims department. Candidate Qualifications * Must have at least 3 years experience as an Insurance Defense Legal Secretary
* Must be proficient in TeamConnect
* Ability to effectively manage and prioritize caseload
* Must type at least 45 WPM
* Exceptional computer skills and proficiency using MS Word
* Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills
* Insurance defense and personal injury experience strongly preferred
Apply on company website