Genesis Physician Services (GPS), part of Genesis HealthCare - one of the nation's largest providers of skilled nursing and rehabilitation therapy - , is a group practice of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and others who specialize in the holistic care of sub-acute, skilled nursing and long-term stay patients. Quality of life is always the focus, but getting people back to a healthier state is our promise and what motivates us. We're handling hospitalist acuity in a sub-acute environment; often completing the plan of care initiated in the hospital. As part of a care team, we're addressing complex medical comorbidities -- an exciting challenge and unique opportunity to impact change. As part of a pioneering team, you will most certainly play an integral role in changing what we know about effective healthcare delivery and restorative patient care.
Genesis Physician Services is seeking a Full-Time Medical Director/Attending Physician for our Marshwood and Cedar Ridge Centers in Maine.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Attending Physician/Medical Director works to ensure that delivery of clinical services achieves the Genesis HealthCare® mission and is incorporated into all Centers. This is done by working with Centers and Regional Management and Genesis Physician ServicesSM consultants to oversee the implementation, utilization, and outcomes measurement of Genesis HealthCare® Clinical Programs and nationally accepted standards of care.
The Attending Physician/Medical Director's primary reporting relationship is to the VPMA. The Attending Physician/Medical Director is also accountable the Center's Administrator due to their legal and regulatory responsibilities.
1. Take complete responsibility for patients admitted to their service
2. Comply with the Genesis Physician Services (GPS) credentialing process
3. Visit assigned patients in a timely fashion according to GPS policy and procedure.
4. Comply with guidelines related to GPS initiatives.
5. Comply with the Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff.
6. Comply with the Genesis Corporate Integrity policies.
7. Assess the customer and ensure that a complete history and physical examination are on the chart within 48hrs after the admission.
8. Deliver high quality care to assigned patients.
9. Review Clinical Outcomes Report (COR) with the Center Medical Director and act to improve the care in the facility.
10. Serve as an appropriate role model for other physicians and staff.
11. Help articulate the Genesis HealthCare® mission to the community and professional organizations.
12. Help the organization establish appropriate relationships, and coordinate transfer and care arrangements with area hospitals and other pertinent institutions.
13. Demonstrate care and compassion to ensure that all internal and external customers consistently receive high quality service.
14. Comply with the GPS Time Off and On Call policies.
15. Perform other duties as assigned
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. M.D. or D.O. required.2. Board Certified or Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 347460
Center Name: Genesis Physician Services
Apply on company website