Cardiac Surgery Specialist II- San Francisco, CA
The Cardiac Surgery Specialist II provides strategic account management and expertise with respect to GETINGE products, to promote and sell GETINGE products and drive revenue growth in the defined geographic territory by new account development and the expansion of existing accounts, to meet sales quota based on the company's sales goals. The Cardiac Surgery Specialist II will be responsible for managing all aspects of the sales process and will report to the Regional Manager.
- Serve as a key business partner to GETINGE clients in the field and develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Sell products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Develop and implement successful Territory Business Plan that identifies the needs of particular accounts and defines specific achievable strategies that meet/exceed assigned revenue plans for an assigned territory. Business Plans will be reviewed monthly with Regional Sales Manager to update and refine strategies and help the organization achieve its annual sales goals.
- Develop and implements sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
- Knowledge of all competitive product features and ability to compare/contrast Getinge technologies as superior to protect current business and position competitive conversions.
- Be able to accurately submit rolling 90 day rolling revenue forecast and meet/exceed established sales forecast accuracy targets.
- Determine the needs (e.g., product and pricing), goals, product usage, and types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting with and asking in-depth questions of physicians and other hospital personnel to learn which GETINGE products can best address their specific needs.
- Establish multiple offering pricing packages (Local, and Integrated Delivery Network level) by working with relevant GETINGE personnel to establish price points that address specific customer's needs while satisfying company guidelines and policies.
- Respond to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, pricing and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
- Develop relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, scheduled quarterly contract review meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Educate customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments, often with the help of incentive programs and services made available to the account being developed.
- Observe actual procedures in the operating room, ICU or appropriate department of hospital accounts to gain insight into the specific nuances of each physician and member of the lab staff.
- Comply with all health and safety codes and procedures as mandated by GETINGE policies, customer requirements and regulatory agencies.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or a minimum of 5 years of applicable medical device experience selling/supporting cardiac surgery therapies and products in the Operating Room or ICU environment.
- Demonstrated record of success or achievement in personally negotiating and closing/renewing local account sales contracts and Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) contracts throughout all departments within customer accounts.
- Knowledge of and ability to drive capital sales process for products that support consumable/diagnostic sales (Scopes, power supplies, etc…)
- Demonstrated multi-year record of success or over achievement of assigned annual sales revenue targets.
- Complete and measurable understanding of specified functional area, and application of business concepts, procedures and practices.
- Capable of efficiently managing time and resources within the assigned territory in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure the territory's objectives are achieved.
- Ensure compliance with governmental regulations and maintaining honesty, integrity and excellent work ethics.
- Be able to enhance teamwork within the region and maintain a collaborative relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Carry out operations within an established budget.
- Must have sound knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business, and be able to exercise judgment in selecting innovative and practical methods to achieve problem resolution in the assigned territory.
- Establish and cultivate an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Ability to influence middle management and external customers on technical as well as new business solutions.
- Participate in the development of less experienced staff by setting an examples, providing guidance and offering counsel. May lead a project team and participate in determining goals and objectives for projects.
- Basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft in Excel, Word and Outlook and familiarity with CRM tools.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- The position requires travel of approximately 50% or more.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website