Together we can make a difference
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our customers save lives and ensure excellent care. A career at Getinge provides career opportunities that both inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every day.
Job Function Summary:
Develop/mentor departmental staff. Identify, qualify and manage suppliers and contractors to support manufacturing operations and other internal customers with an aim of reducing spend while meeting cost, quality, performance, and other requirements. Lead bids and follow-on contract negotiations for products and services, involving stakeholders as necessary to insure best outcome in terms of the cost/quality/performance/time trade-offs. Ensure compliance with all quality, corporate and legal requirements.
• Establish, negotiate and manage key supplier relationships
• Identify and implement methods for improving procurement department and supplier performance
• Develop procedures and ensure compliance with all quality system, corporate, and governmental regulations
• Train, supervise and manage departmental staff
• Maintain the approved vendor list and perform regular vendor evaluations. Schedule and participate in vendor audits and visits as required
• Oversee scheduling and expediting deliveries of raw materials and purchased finished goods
• Develop and administer departmental budget
• Work effectively in a global, matrix structure, reporting to both the global Sourcing and Purchasing leader, and the Managing Director.
• Develop and maintain metrics to meet plant operational targets
• Coordinate the introduction of new products into production through liaisons with engineering, planning, R&D, Product Management and project teams
• Coordinate the introduction of new 3rd party products through liaisons with engineering, planning, R&D, Product Management and project teams, and leading the associated overall sourcing effort. Ensure continuous flow of materials to avoid production delays which affect the plant and/or customer service
• Other duties as assigned by manager
• This is not an inclusive list of job responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of kanban systems, certified vendors and consignment systems is preferred.
• Demonstrate ability to effectively lead the sourcing process from start to finish, including potential supplier identification and qualification, bid development, management and analysis, award, and contract negotiations. Must demonstrate ability to apply sound procurement practices and principles and provide solutions to procurement and purchasing issues.
• Demonstrate ability to develop and manage an Approved Vendor List (AVL), including associated supplier scorecards and other supplier management techniques.
• Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication and the ability to make presentations to all levels of the organization.
• Must demonstrate sound judgment, be well organized, take initiative, and be flexible.
• Must have effective analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to facilitate resolution of complex issues.
• Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively across different functions and sites within the organization, including cross-culturally, to identify product or service required specifications and requirements.
• Previous working knowledge of MRP or equivalent system is preferred. Prior SAP experience is preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Power Point or equivalent software applications is required.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Management or other related field and/or combination of education and related experience required. Master's degree in Business is preferred. APICS or ISM certification is preferred.
• Ability to travel up to 33%, including internationally is required.
• A minimum of 7 or more years' experience in sourcing, procurementCre, and other related activities is required. Experience in a regulated industry (GMP's and ISO 9000) is preferred
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Apply on company website