Together we can make a difference
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our customers save lives and ensure excellent care. We provide innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions. Our portfolio combines well-known product brands such as Maquet, Pulsion, Atrium, Lancer and Datascope – just to name a few.
A career at Getinge will provide career opportunities that both inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every day.
Within the Service department we are looking for…
Technical Service Representative
The position is responsible for field repairs, responding to emergency calls and scheduling preventive maintenance visits to meet service agreement obligations while focusing on quality service and customer satisfaction for the Acute Care Therapy division.
In addition, the position will be expected to pursue the renewal of existing service contracts and identify & close new service contract opportunities in order to grow the service business in that region.
Excellent technical and communication skills are needed to positively interact with customers and company personnel. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, who can independently and effectively manage their time and schedules; must possess basic business acumen to effectively communicate at all levels of the company.
This role is responsible for:
- Provide technical support, repair and preventive maintenance services for a defined product line of equipment and systems.
- Conduct the installation, commissioning, and operation of equipment and systems.
- Write technical reports.
- Calibrate/service electrical or electronic medical equipment and instruments according to technical manuals and written instructions.
- Maintain inventory and logistics of devices and parts.
- Promote, quote and sell annual service programs and services.
This role will be located in Edmonton, AB.
The Ideal Candidate
- We are looking for the following experience, knowledge and abilities:
- Biomedical Engineering Degree or Diploma.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in as a field service representative or bio-med or in technical repair or related technical field.
- Very strong technical proficiency in using schematics, system diagrams and repair/replacement procedures to troubleshoot, repair, and calibrate of all products assigned.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Very detail oriented.
- Self-motivated, self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel internationally no more than 5% (passport required.)
- Ability to drive a company vehicle (valid driver's license required.)
Ability to do 40% domestic overnight travel
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world's most desired medtech company.
Apply on company website