Job Function Summary:
The Technician, Technical Support supports the day to day operations of the Technical Support Department. This includes performing telephone and e-mail technical support and troubleshooting product issues for internal and external Getinge customers.
Job Functions: (Primary “essential” duties and responsibilities)
- Provide part number identification, verification and other support on Getinge products for internal and external Getinge customers including phone inquiries, email inquiries and other methods.
- Utilize SAP to open service orders and make changes as required, as well as any required complaint handling.
- Keep Technical Documentation up to date for all products.
- Partner with other groups and departments with the goal of providing seamless and professional customer support to both internal and external customers.
- Perform other related duties as required .
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Technical skills that include testing, repairing, and maintaining equipment.
- Proficient in the use of tools and test equipment.
- A working knowledge of physiology and the clinical setting for Getinge equipment.
- Communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are essential.
- SAP or other ERP experience preferred.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Technical Associate's degree prefered, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a technical support role.
- Proven experience working in Electro Mechanical
- Medical Device and/or Field service experience preferred.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website