The Professional Products Business Development Manager West primary responsibilities is to 1) Manage the everyday Specialty Coffee Business (Distribution, Roasters, and End Users) in the West Area States (AZ,CO,NM,UT) and to increase sales with Specialty Coffee Accounts under the direction of the Regional Manager. 2) Engage End users, Regional Chain Accounts and Broadline Distributors in the Foodservice Channel on behalf of Ghirardelli, and perform administrative responsibilities related to the execution of sales (orders, shipments ,customer service, Invoicing, credit/Payment, other). The BDMW will oversee Ghirardelli's premium professional products line of Chocolates & Cocoas, Sauces, Frappe Powders, Sweet Ground Chocolate, Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa, and all other Ghirardelli professional products for the region. These products have been developed for beverage and dessert applications in food-service and specialty coffee.
The BDMW is responsible for achieving the sales budget, account targets, trade promotion budget, forecasting targets, expense management, and achieving sales priorities through direct account selling of all food-service products. This includes customer communications, trade funds management, forecasting, and accountability for volume, profit, and account execution. The BDMW acts as a champion of the Ghirardelli premium brand name with the customer, enhancing the Ghirardelli premium image through appropriate pricing, promotional, and advertising activities.
The BDMW will be responsible for all E-Commerce activities within the West Region, (AZ,CO,NM,UT).
Deliver Sales Controllables
- Achieve sales budget
- Achieve food-service/specialty coffee sales priorities.
Develop New and Existing Key Accounts in Food-service and Specialty Coffee:
- Penetrate key food-service and specialty coffee account customers:
- New Customers - Actively prospect for new sales opportunities with key accounts in both food-service and specialty coffee.
- Existing Customers - Maintain and build existing accounts through value based selling and relationship building. Look for new opportunities to leverage Ghirardelli professional products with existing accounts in specialty coffee and food-service. Enhance the brand awareness at the store level with POS etc and account specific marketing activities.
- Create long-term business relationships and foster a sustainable competitive advantage for Ghirardelli.
- Opportunistically present products created by Ghirardelli's bakery partners that are “Made With” Ghirardelli chocolate.
- Coordinate account call coverage and execution with Region manager.
- Product selling focus will emphasize Ghirardelli's core professional products.
- Spend trade funds within budget and ensure efficiency through ROI analysis.
- Manage all E-Commerce within the West Region.
Be a Leader within the Company:
- Demonstrate passion, commitment and integrity in all activities
- Treat confidential information as such
- Take both a top-line and bottom-line perspective on all issues
- Collaborate effectively across all functions
- Report sales and prepare category reviews/business reviews for key accounts as needed.
- Travel to account locations as needed.
- Collect competitive activity on an ongoing basis and be a category expert.
- Be prepared for Ad Hoc tasks and projects helping as needed
- Ability to increase responsibility or expand geographical coverage as needed.
- Strong food-service key account sales & marketing abilities.
- Self motivated to succeed.
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking and making effective customer presentations
- High level of follow-up, availability, and responsiveness to internal and external partners.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and ability to utilize, search and navigate on the Internet)
- Experience with forecasting software and promotional planning/deduction management systems, promotional product spending, travel and entertainment expense management.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the foodservice channel and/or customers.
Education and Work Experience:
- BA/BS Degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of specialty coffee/food-service selling experience or equivalent food service experience
- Travel on average of 1 - 2 nights every other week
- Ability to travel to various locations across the region/country, and local travel to meetings.
- Home Office
- Rare to Occasional ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Salary Range: $75,878 - $102,436
Apply on company website