Ghirardelli's employees are the face of our company. They set us apart from other retailers. They are ambassadors of our brand and over the past 48 years, our Restaurant and Retail division has evolved from a single soda fountain and retail store in Ghirardelli Square into a dynamic department, with over 700 colleagues. We believe our vision is changing the way the consumer experiences chocolate and our objective is to be America's #1 premium chocolate company.
Our success depends on each other. Our success depends on you. You are the future of our company. And together, we will provide a world-class guest experience. So why wait? Join us today!
Ghirardelli Chocolate Company seeks to hire and enthusiastic, outgoing person that is comfortable presenting in front of an audience of customers. This position will create custom chocolate creations, delight and educate our guests, while marketing our premium chocolate products. If you love premium chocolate and want to work in a fun, fast paced environment - we want you to apply!!! See more detail below!
To represent Ghirardelli as a Chocolatier Artisan at the Marketplace at Ghirardelli Square with the purpose of delighting and educating our customers and assisting the Chief Chocolatier fulfill their duties. Creating hand-crafted Ghirardelli Chocolate products in front of an audience of customers in store, with the goal of engaging, educating, and delighting customers and establishing Ghirardelli as the number one premium chocolate brand in the USA. The Chocolatier-Artisan will generate incremental sales through the creation of unique chocolate products, customer interaction, and chocolate theater.
Excite Customer Chocolate Passion and Drive Sales
- Excite and ignite customer's passion for Ghirardelli through creating salable masterpieces live in the store
- Inform and entertain customers by creating a lively platform of continuous interaction via sampling and talking about the art of chocolate creation
- Create unique hand-crafted chocolate products such as chocolate slabs, hollow and flatback figures, and handwrite with chocolate
- Weigh, prepare food labels and pack all produced products
- Share in-depth chocolate and product knowledge, handling and storage knowledge with customers
- Host Ghirardelli chocolate school and chocolate creations classes
- Assist the Chief Chocolatier with programs, initiatives, and sales and take work direction to help further the goals of the Ghirardelli Chocolatier program
- Maximize opportunities to add emotional chocolate experiences through constantly working the chocolate and producing products in front of customers
Food Handling & Hygiene
- Maintain a clean and organized demonstration station, uniform, personal cleanliness and grooming
- Adhere to all food, health, and safety guidelines and laws, including Company chocolate-handling standards
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment and station
- Quality control of the store's chocolate products to maintain quality assurance standards and brand expectations
- Open and close demonstration station, including following procedures and checklists to ensure smooth overall operations
- Ensure created products are fully-stocked, merchandised, consistent, and pass quality control
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of handling and storing food
- Product knowledge and superior presentation skills, including public speaking
- Outgoing personality with exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a broad spectrum of guests
- Good hand-writing skills using chocolate
- Experience in food handling and presentation desired
- Reliable and committed
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined with the ability to work individually and within a team
- Impeccably presented
- Confident, outgoing and engaging personality
- Great time management skills (multi-tasking and prioritizing)
- Readily shares professional knowledge and expertise; enjoys teaching
- Assigns high priority to customer satisfaction
- Is committed to quality
- Has energy and energizes others
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum one year in food-related role with exceptional guest service performance
- Creates, talks, and performs 100% of the time in front of a customer audience.
Apply on company website