A National Account Manager is responsible for achieving the sales budget, new item distribution targets, trade promotion budget, forecasting targets, expense management, and MAPS objectives for assigned accounts. This includes all customer communication, trade funds management, forecasting and accountability for volume, profit and in-store conditions.
The National Account Manager should be a champion of the Ghirardelli premium brand name with the customer, enhancing the Ghirardelli premium image through appropriate pricing, promotional, and account specific marketing activities.
Deliver Sales Controllables
· Achieve sales budget.
· Achieve in-store presence objectives.
· Drive Profitable growth with a Top National Retailer
· Spend trade funds within budget and ensure efficiency through ROI analysis.
· Partner with Kroger to maximize growth potential around Ghirardelli key pillars.
· Understand customer timelines and requirements. Proactively and constructively work these back through the Team Leader, Director & other functional teams at Ghirardelli Home Office.
· Create impactful relationships that foster a sustainable competitive advantage for Ghirardelli.
· Champion your customer needs within the Ghirardelli Organization.
· Develop key divisional relationships that allow for regionalized programs that support Kroger HQ
Create Meaningful Partnerships with other Manufacturers
· Be a thought leader on ways that Ghirardelli can create additional usage occasions
· Manage partnerships with key manufacturers to develop joint promotions that can be leveraged with Kroger
· Partner with 3rd party display companies as necessary to bring to life Ghirardelli & Kroger programs.
· Work closely with Kroger Precision Marketing (KPM) to drive Ghirardelli E-Commerce @ Kroger
Be a Leader within the Company
· Demonstrate passion, commitment and integrity in all activities.
· Treat confidential information as such.
· Take both a top-line and bottom-line perspective on all issues.
· Collaborate effectively across all functions.
Sell, Live, Demonstrate and Protect the Premium Nature of our Products
· Build the Ghirardelli Brand Equity by demonstrating quality in everything you do.
Achieve MAPS Objectives
· Develop and execute assortment reviews for assigned customers.
· Manage slotting budget to achieve company goals
· Develop ongoing distribution objectives for customer
· Develop and execute new item presentations to meet current and future objectives.
· Increase distribution of Ghirardelli and improve ACV of existing distribution.
· Forecast all new item changes vs. budget on a monthly and more frequent basis when needed.
· Plan and implement promotional plans with key accounts.
· Develop selling tools for retail representatives that help drive key initiatives.
· Ensure accurate monthly forecast for all promotional and non-promotional volumes
· Track all key initiatives on a timely basis
· Create an online strategy for Ghirardelli on Kroger.com & banner.com.
· Work with analyst to maintain all deductions less than 60 days at all times.
· Ownership and accountability for maintaining all trade spending within budgeted approved spending parameters
· Effectively manage all everyday AND promotional price targets vs. objectives which includes price change implementation as needed
· Manage price surveys to ensure margin parity vs. competition and manage price gaps
· Plan-o-grams (where appropriate) meet objectives.
· All Ghirardelli products merchandised together (i.e. work to create premium portfolio blocks)
· Ensure proper POS in place and updated
· Report sales and prepare category reviews/business reviews for key accounts
· Work with Category Management Department to deliver needed insights to drive the Ghirardelli business within assigned customer base
· Travel to customer headquarters, divisional offices and warehouses as needed
· Collect competitive activity on an ongoing basis and be a category expert for customers
· Be prepared for Ad Hoc tasks and projects helping internal resources on existing product analysis and new product launches
· Ability to increase responsibility or expand geographical coverage as needed to substitute for vacations, customer realignments and scheduling conflict
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Proven experience with financial management related to promotional product spending as well as creating financial recommendations utilizing basic ROI analysis.
· Experience with forecasting software and promotional planning/deduction management systems
· Experience with grocery channel and assigned customer base as well as their processes, systems and an existing strong customer relationship a major plus
· Demonstrated ability in public speaking and making effective customer presentations.
· High level of follow-up, availability and responsiveness to internal and external partners.
· Good organizational and time management skills
· Strong analytical and computer skills (MS Office)
· Prior experience mining opportunity areas and building strong selling presentations utilizing syndicated consumption and shopper data a major plus
· Prior direct account management preferred.
Education and Work Experience:
· BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience
· Minimum of 5 years of direct selling experience preferred
· Broker Management experience preferred
· Kroger Precision Marketing (KPM) knowledge preferred
Apply on company website