Ghirardelli's employees are the face of our company. They set us apart from other retailers. They are ambassadors of our brand and over the past 48 years, our Restaurant and Retail division has evolved from a single soda fountain and retail store in Ghirardelli Square into a dynamic department, with over 700 colleagues. We believe our vision is changing the way the consumer experiences chocolate and our objective is to be America's #1 premium chocolate company.
Our success depends on each other. Our success depends on you. You are the future of our company. And together, we will provide a world-class guest experience. So why wait? Join us today!
Ghirardelli has opportunities for Retail Hourly Associates! Merchandise, stock, and provide excellent guest service while selling our Premium Chocolate line. Previous retail experience is desirable for this position. Must be High Energy, Reliable, have a Strong Work Ethic, be able to work all shifts including Nights and Weekends.
To maintain the brand image and equity of the business by representing the company image correctly. Performs various tasks associated with being a Chocolateer including Cashiering, Candy Making, Stocking Merchandise, Pre-packing, and Fountain duties.
- Provide exceptional Guest service
- Effective management of all cash handling and credit card processing procedures utilizing Company Procedures and best practices
- Assemble various proprietary retail items per the Recipe Guidelines
- Maintain adequate supply of all retail product both on the sales floor and in back stock
- Ensure all product is appropriately priced and signed per Company Guidelines
- Maintain sales floor and products to Company Standards of cleanliness, arrangement, and display
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all products, pricing, and Company History
- Utilize knowledge of products and pricing to satisfy guest inquiries and create up-sell opportunities
- Gift-wrap as needed items for sale per Company Guidelines and Standards
- Follow Food Safety guidelines and maintain all table tops, serve ware, floors and trash receptacles in a clean and sanitary condition
- Keep all Fountain and Condiment supplies both on the sales floor and behind the Fountain Area stocked and in good condition.
- Maintain the stockroom in a clean and orderly fashion
- Clean windows and mirrors when they appear smudged or soiled or when directed by a Supervisor/Manager
- Maintain Guest and Employee Washing Facilities in good working order and in a clean, sanitary condition
- Properly Set Up, Maintain, and Break Down Fountain Area
- Replenish toppings and various fountain items throughout the day as needed and minimize or eliminate food waste
- Maintain the proper level and all required ice cream flavors
- Keep knowledge level current of all fountain products and their required preparation
- Work as a "Topper" or "Scooper" as needed
- Perform "Semi-Table Service" function as part of overall Guest Satisfaction
- Maintain all Candy Making equipment and supplies in good working order, and know all recipes
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic math computation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work with a diverse work team and meet adversity with professionalism
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to maintain a smile, pleasant demeanor and provide Superior Guest Service
- Ability to operate a dishwashing machine
Education and Work Experience:
- Must be 18 years old
- High school diploma preferred
Apply on company website